Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any interest in vintage riding mower/garden tractors?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by King ford, Mar 28, 2020.

1. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings fellow HAMBers!....my wife has me on a clean up mission AGAIN!!....usually when she says " this place is starting to look like a junk yard" my reply of " thanks , I'm working on it but not done yet!" Calms her down but this time I am cleaning up some....so ov got a couple of riding mowers that must be from the 60s and hate to scrap them so I was wondering if there is any interest in these things....

FortyNiner and tractorguy like this.
  2. I have been a member of the "Maryland Steam Historical Society" for probably 50 years. There has always been interest in garden tractors with the antique gas tractor group. My brother has a couple...

3. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

4. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Change the thread title to include push lawn mower and watch the endless pic posting begin.

Big AL Neenyo and FortyNiner like this.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It depends on the make and model. The old IH Cub Cadets have a following, as well as others like the Sears, Gravely, John Deere, etc. The better ones that is, a rusted out MTD is probably a piece for the junkyard, while a Sears LT can bring some good bucks. Do a little internet research and it may surprise you how popular some of them are, it did me.

6. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Our town has a vintage tractor club. All kinds including garden stuff. It's pretty cool.

7. Howsahemi

Howsahemi
    from Chicago il

There is an ass for every seat. Vintage tractors have a huge following. Cub cadets. Wheel horse. Deere are all big ones. Simplicities. Allis. Sears. Collectors for everything

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Howsahemi

Howsahemi
    from Chicago il

[​IMG]

9. Here's a picture of my son, riding behind my nieces son with his Copar Panzer... 20190915_182512.jpg

10. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Thanks for the info guys!

FortyNiner likes this.
  11. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Always lots of people looking for old Wheelhorse’s. My son has bought and sold them since 1976. Still does on occasion.

12. [​IMG]
    Here is Little Truckdoctor with his 1967 John Deere 112. First year for the 112. The 10 Tecumseh was toast and Tecumseh parts are very hard to find, so we did his first engine swap. We put a Kohler K-181 in it that was stock in the John Deere 110. Gave up two horsepower, but have a good, serviceable engine with great parts support. Little Truckdoctor doesn’t know it yet, but he’s going to get to install a new clutch in our 1975 Cub Cadet 1000 in preparation for his garden tractor pulling debut. (Don’t Show this to Truckdoctor Wife and Mother)!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I have a Case I have tinkering with for a Grand Daughter to play with . I’ll try to gather an image

FortyNiner, tractorguy and Joel W like this.
  14. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

15. You see examples of all of these garden tractors at steam and gas engine shows... my dad and my brother collected "hit and miss" gas engines since the '60s...

16. Gangrene

Gangrene

Just picked up this gilson. 13282.jpeg

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have my grandfather's bought-new 1966 Wheel Horse 856. Finished a full resto on it last fall. I even have the original paperwork from when he bought it....from a dealer that's less than 2 miles from where I live now!

FortyNiner and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  18. durcodude

durcodude

19. noboD

noboD

That Shaw is killer. I have about a half dozen Cub Cadets.

FortyNiner likes this.
  20. @rustydusty - we met a couple of years back at the Kent Island Show. I didn't know that you were into the tractors and hit and miss engines. I've been going to the shows at Tuckahoe, Federalsburg and Arcadia for years and have been hitting the "car display" for at least the last four or five at Arcadia which is the first show I started going to in the 80s. Over the last couple of years, I've really been interested in all of the CoPars and have photographed a few.

DSC06136.JPG DSC07683.JPG DSC07684.JPG DSC07685.JPG DSC07686.JPG

21. durcodude

durcodude

The first time I drove it, the clutch disintegrated. I had no manual, so I searched photos online and found a look-alike from a Cub Cadet & ordered it. It fit perfectly. I still need a correct gas tank for it.

FortyNiner likes this.
  22. Hi Mike, I remember you from the Kent Island Cruisers father's day show. You were telling me about your car being stolen and recovered...
    I have been going to Arcadia for probably sixty years, since I was a kid. I also try to hit Tuckahoe and Federalsburg. My displays at these shows were mostly antique outboards (Pre-WW2 square tanks) and occasionally some early inboards. By the way, I traded my Dodge coupe for a T...

lothiandon1940 and FortyNiner like this.
  23. Yep, that's me. I found out the other day that they canceled Tuckahoe already. Congrats on the T. Hopefully we'll see each other somewhere this year. I really think the CoPars are interesting and enjoy seeing them. Maybe someday we can add one to the fleet.
    I did add the F-Bomb at the end of last year in hopes of building our "bucket list cruiser". It's an old Hotrod project someone started in the 90s - a '40 Ford Tudor with a Nova front end and rear. IMG_20190604_110622907_HDR.jpg

rustydusty and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. Nice! A '40 Ford is one of the most beautiful cars ever built...

FortyNiner likes this.
  25. I'm pretty excited about it. I've started to do some little stuff but can't wait to really get into it.

rustydusty likes this.
  26. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

EEAE528C-DA26-4F86-9BD7-10474631259E.png This the answer to my tinkering with the Case .

28. Some call a riding mower without a deck a tractor? I think if it has wheels that bolt to a hub its a tractor. splined axles and no front wheel bearings its a lawn mower

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  29. 41 GMC K-18 likes this.