Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 Chevy truck

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Bad55Chick, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

About to buy my motor kit and get my block bored (spelling?)

2. RamJet1

RamJet1

Excellent! And the spelling is correct on top of that.

Bad55Chick likes this.
  3. I like these Second Series '55 through '59 "Task Force" trucks a lot. Used to have a '55 like yours years ago. For what it's worth, you have '56 front fenders. The fender chrome is the same for '55 and '56, but it mounts above the ridge on a '56 and below the ridge on a '55. when I got my '55, it had one '55 fender and one '56 fender. Cool to see a woman building a hot rod. One of the best automatic transmission builders I ever knew was named Sue. She was a petite woman with small hands, and she said having small hands was an advantage working on transmissions.

volvobrynk and Bad55Chick like this.
  4. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

THE REBUILD KIT WAS ORDERED WEDNESDAY!! IT SHOULD BE IN TODAY! Next is the boreing process and the motor will be almost ready!!:) Thank you everyone who has been following this thread and helping me out along the way! I greatly appreciate it!! :)

5. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

I would like to know where I can either 1) Buy a working gauge cluster or 2) where I can send mine to, so I can get it working

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I have sent some off to St Louis.....I will have to get the info when I get back to the shop.

Bad55Chick likes this.
  7. Bad55Chick likes this.
  8. Bad55Chick likes this.
  9. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Easy peasy.... take it apart and clean it. [​IMG][​IMG]

Oil, ammeter typically don't fail. Gas and temp develop grounding issues over time. Temp will sometimes lose its rivet, can just pop a new aluminum one. Take them out clean the grounding surfaces, put on some dielectric grease and your done. The speedo may or may not turn. You can wash and grease it and it should be good. There is an eBay guy that sells new vinyl faces for the gauges.

Make sure you have a wiring diagram so when you are done you can get it back together. Don't paint the back of the cluster because that is your ground.

Bad55Chick and Woogeroo like this.
  10. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Keep `em rolling.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Bad55Chick likes this.
  11. LAROKE

LAROKE

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. As all the others have replied, damn straight it belongs here. I have owned my Cameo avitar for 49 years and three different engines, ( now upgrading from a 396 to a 454). I would never let it go.
    In 1968, I had just swapped an Olds 394 into a 53 Mercury 1/2 ton, and when I found the Cameo in the auto wrecker, I sold my nice old Merc and never looked back.
    Good luck with your project.
    Bob

Bad55Chick likes this.
  13. Budget36

Budget36

14. Cool bike, whether it's OT or not. I'm assuming the motor and trans are in a box (hopefully).

Like someone said, join hamb's sister sight "The Jockey Journal",
    http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum#/forums/2?page=2
    Isn't really the same experience as Hamb tho', mostly wonk stuff.

But you might learn more about your bike, and have more fun on some Honda Dream specific board like this :
    http://www.honda305.com/forums/honda-dream-ca72-ca77-ca78-f22.html

There are others. Just google "Honda Dream forum".

I have some old bikes, (non Harley), and I like to hang out on the model specific boards. There's some for my old Yamaha and BMW that are helpful and cool.

Looks like a fun project. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Bad55Chick like this.
  15. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

Haven’t posted in a while but I am current working on body work on my truck! For a second job I work at a body shop so I have the whole shop to work on my stuff for free other than painting it and I have people who are good at body work helping me through it all!! This will be exciting :) We also just held our annual car show this last weekend. The 42 annual Last Run Car show! This is my boyfriends truck at the event!

Attached Files:

16. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

A Honda Dream, or a Nightmare; I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Your boyfriend's a romantic guy! My wife would have killed me long ago if I'd ever done anything like that. When those bikes were new, it was a much simpler time; you had your choice of a Honda Dream, a CB/Super Hawk, or a Scrambler; so I'm guessing yours is a 160 Dream? Or a 305 Dream? You'll have to look up on You Tube, "Little Honda" a couple of versions by The Hondell's or The Beach Boys. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I assembled a bunch of those during the summer of 1964 when I worked in a Honda shop. No Honda cars in the US then.

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

Alright everyone! This isn’t related to my truck BUT! I’m tooo excited to not share! There is a new member to our car family!! Michaels Dad just got it last night!!! Front end will be here next weekend along with a new roof!!

Attached Files:

19. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

But I also wanna know what y’all think.. I got my tax money back and I Got about 800 back.. should I buy more parts or should I get the sandblasting done?

20. 'Mo

'Mo

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Bad55Chick and Dog_Patch like this.
  21. RMONTY

RMONTY

Get your truck running and driving then make it purdy! If you make it purdy first you are liable to mess up the purdy! Just my $.02 worth...

Bad55Chick and Woogeroo like this.
  22. I'm with RMONTY- I've watched two friends with similar trucks go through very different experiences-

First guy spent $$ on getting the truck running, then made improvements over time AS HE DROVE IT EVERYWHERE AND HAD A BLAST!!!

Second guy is STILL trying to finish his truck to get it on the road YEARS LATER.

Bad55Chick likes this.
  23. Yep there fun to drive amd tinker on. Buy parts amd het the truck on the road.

Bad55Chick likes this.
  24. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

It has been a very long time since I have been on here! Not much new except I am getting married August 8th! I also have a new frame for my truck because we are going a different approach than originally planned! More expensive route with a mustang 2 front end in the works and a possible LS motor! I hope everyone has been safe and I hope this year brings more truck updates and great gains!

leadfootloon, missmuriel and RMONTY like this.
  25. RMONTY

RMONTY

I was in Arkansas City for a car chopping class back in late September. Cool little town, they were having a big car show there that weekend. Congrats on the gittin' hitched!

26. perk03

perk03
    from VA

Great project...it should keep you busy for a while. Take your time and do it right.

27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

28. Congratulations

29. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

Thank you everyone! Hotrod95 and I got my truck moved back to our new home! Due to the world going crazy we haven't had the time or the funds to really work on my truck or any of his projects.

Attached Files:

30. Well, looks like when you're ready to work on it, you've got some room there.