Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Pendine Sands Hot Rod Races Documentary

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The Wrong-Un, May 13, 2020.

1. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

The official documentary the hugely successful 2014 Pendine Sands Hot Rod Races, held on what was once the fastest place on earth, with unique perspectives from a selection of VHRA members as they prepare for their assault on the sands. Featuring incredible race footage and the finest collection of vintage hot rods in the world, all coming together on the historic beach of Pendine for a solitary reason…SPEED!

Previously only available on a limited edition DVD, which has long since sold out, we have decided to make it available for all to view to help with the lockdown blues. We’ve also included the short film from 2013, which gives an insight to the history of Pendine Sands, with action from the inaugural Hot Rod Races. The 2013 event garnered worldwide acclaim for the VHRA, culminating in winning the Motoring Event of the Year at the International Historic Motoring Awards.

If you have a smart TV, get hold of the Vimeo app and you should be able to watch them on a big screen.

dana barlow, 55zephyr, Mr. C. and 3 others like this.
  2. One of the best car events I’ve been lucky enough to have been part of.

dana barlow and The Wrong-Un like this.
  3. redoxide

redoxide

They say the salt is the greatest place on earth, Ive never been on the salt so I cant comment on that, but so far Pendine is the greatest place for hot rod racing I have ever been, I havent run on the sand yet, except in my sand shoes, but after several years of spectating, hopefully this year will be the first for me . Last 5 years at Pendine have been brilliant .. Great cars great people and the greatest show on earth. Thanks to Neil and crew, the VHRA and the East Coast Sidewinders for breathing life back into this old dog and to my buddy Gus for convincing me that my first trip there "out of my hot rod wilderness" was the right thing to do..

4. Thanks for posting - great views there on the beach !

The Wrong-Un likes this.

5. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Would you be the Australian fella that I managed to squeeze in the pits a few years back?

Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  6. Certainly am, and much appreciated it was too. Is this Neil is it.
    I was only there 1/2 an hour and ended up on my back under a A roadster.
    I’m mates with Dan, Richard and Christoff ,the French boys and helped them with their rear spring binding problem to get through scrutineering.
    I have been suggesting Pendine as a trip to whoever will listen, awesome event to say the least and a great crew of people.
    Chris

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  7. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Yes, it's Neil.

Good to know you're still singing our praises. It was a pleasure to have you there.

Barrelnose pickup likes this.
  8. Cracking reminder of how well we winged it that first year...

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  9. I remember going to ask the lifeguards how long we had before the tide lapped around our wheels and we worked out the only way to get one more run in was to send everybody down and hold them at the far end. That first mass runback was just unforgettable.

48fordnut, das858 and The Wrong-Un like this.
  10. The mass run back was an incredible sight, well worth the trip alone!
    Will be back for sure, supporting the guys again.
    And the Springwell Inn is a great way to end each day, meet people ,tell lies and watch the world go by.

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  11. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Aren’t we still winging it?

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    hotrodfil likes this.
  12. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

"Hot Rodding is a religion".....well said Neil

13. redoxide

redoxide

deserves a bump

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  14. brady1929

brady1929

Great videos. Thank you.

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  15. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The roadster in the very last frame of the 2013 film looks very much like.........

Feels like it was yesterday too! Nearly 7 years since that first play on the sand. Wow!

Chris

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  16. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Time flies when you're having fun.

As for that roadster, I so wish I had kept the frame from under it. My loss was your gain I guess.

17. GeeRam

GeeRam

Shhhhhh........
    You've mentioned it once, but I think you've got away with it.......... :D

The Wrong-Un likes this.
  18. 55zephyr

55zephyr

Took part in 2016 and 2017, not anywhere near the quickest but the enjoyment, taking part in such a great event placed me equal number 1 with many others. Looking forward to more fun in the future. Thanks Neil and all who make it possible.
    Ron.

48fordnut and The Wrong-Un like this.
  19. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Would love to visit

The Wrong-Un likes this.