Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ol' stories of your past! Fun times in Old Cars!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JUSTIN PERSINGER, May 7, 2020.

1. cfmvw

cfmvw

When I was in high school, I went to a New Year's Eve party held at a friend's house because his parents were away for the weekend. Since I didn't drink, I ended up being the designated driver and ended up with a friend's OT 1973 Plymouth Satallite station wagon. As the night went on things kind of got out of hand, and being the only sober person, I managed to take a number of people home without too much trouble. On what turned out to be my last trip, I returned to the house to discover that his parents had also come home, and they were NOT happy. Needless to say, I packed as many people as I could into that wagon!

Another time the car had been borrowed by a couple other friends, and I was in the back seat. We were doing donuts in a supermarket parking lot at night with the headlights off. As we were speeding across the parking lot, the driver turned on the headlights, and right in front of us was a shopping cart. We hit that thing at about 50 mph and thought for sure we had destroyed the front of the car. Eventually we got up the nerve to look at it, and much to our relief there wasn't any damage - that thing was a tank! The driver's brother worked at the supermarket though, and came home late that night complaining about the @#$! who mowed down a shopping cart that he had to drag all the way back to the store. I don't think he ever found out it was us.

2. cfmvw

cfmvw

I used to work at a gas station in highschool, and we used to rent U-Haul trucks. My friend who worked there had just bought a 1979 Ford F350 truck that had a new black paint job but a ratty red interior. One day someone returned a brand new (1984) U-Haul that had just 300 miles on the odometer and a beautiful black interior. Late that night, I pulled the U-Haul in one bay, my friend pulled his truck in the other bay, and we proceeded to swap interiors. The next day we rented that one on a one way trip to Tennessee before anyone found out, so somewhere out there there is a 1984 U-Haul truck with a ratty red interior...