Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Color Gender?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Misaeus, May 9, 2020.

1. aircap

aircap

If you think pink or purple are too "fem" for your car, or think those colors threaten your masculinity, that's your problem. I've owned pink cars and pink guitars, and never felt like it diminished my manliness.

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I learned a long time ago that most people wouldn't care about what others think about them if they knew how little people think of them.

I taught for 37 years at a all boys school, K to grade 12. Noted for our football program, many went pro, and basketball along with our academics of course. On occasion I would wear a very bright pink shirt and of course some good natured comments from students and the occasional staff. And as a teacher I immediately had to start a science lesson on the visible light spectrum and what we see as colours is merely reflected light rays. I also pointed out that if reflected light threatens someone masculinity then they have a serious problem! Now my favourite colours are blue, orange, and bright pink. Having favourites is one thing but assigning gender to colour is very strange indeed...

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Misaeus, Special Ed and 51504bat like this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For years I've been busting my best friend, Roger's ass about his "gay" paint job.
    At last years Syracuse Nationals he was picked for "Best '40 Ford"...and that's with 180,000 miles on it ! I guess after that I should probably back-off on making fun of his paint...nawww...it still looks gay to me:D
    Roger_Studer.jpg

dan31 and jimmy six like this.
  4. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I seriously doubt that anybody ever gave Ed Pink any static about his name or his choice of colors for the machines he was associated with. Just saying!
    Ed Pink (2).jpg

5. I have always wanted a purple car.......does that make me a lesbian??

6. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

I don’t know much about car colors... But when I was a boy, boy’s bicycles were red and girl’s bicycles were blue.

7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Bellflowers.

8. indyjps

indyjps

My uncle ordered a new 57 Belair 283 and had the dealer install a 4 speed. Dusk Pearl, said he only had to beat 2 or 3 guys asses who mentioned the color, everyone else caught on.
    Also mentioned every girl wanted a ride in the "fast, pink" car.

We looked for that car for a few years in the 90's then again in the 00's with the help of a family member police officer. No luck.

9. carbking

carbking

If I remember correctly, Playboy Magazine gave a car to their Playmate of the Year, each year beginning in 1964. Again, memory not as good as it could be, but seem to remember many of them were pink. Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread, Mary Kay Cosmetics had a pink Cadillac promotion for several years.

Personally, I don't care what color it is, as long as it is blue and white, or alternatively, white and blue.

Having said that, my O/T Pontiac GTO is BSG exterior, black interior.

Jon

Bandit Billy likes this.
  10. George

George

Playboy awarded "Playboy Pink" Mustangs. A Lady in the Mustang Club I used to be in had a Playboy Pink convertible that Prez. Bill Clinton drove at the big Mustang anniversary show in Charlotte in '94. Made lots of magazines. The Time-Life series on each decade of the 20th Century mentioned that Pink was a very popular color with everyone in the 50s & had photos of guys wearing pink. Late in the 50s Dodge had a pink "La Femme" model targeting women though....

11. GeeRam

GeeRam

I love that Larry Watson '56........ would love a clone of that car :cool::cool:

12. George

George

Forgot to mention, Dale Earnhardt's 1st race car was a pink '57 Ford!

13. I had a purple motorcycle - got more ass than a toilet seat. Funny story on how I got a purple bike too.
    Sold it to my buddy and at first he didn’t believe me, same for him. I sold it because It was # 3 in the stable and I was getting married. Bike before that was blurpleish blueberry color. Did alright but nothing like that purple one.