Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tapatalk crap?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by ZZ Top Chop, May 7, 2020.

1. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

I've never seen this until yesterday. On the HAMB, going from thread to thread, I get a notification to either open in Tapatalk or use Safari. Tap Safari nothing happens ( this is on iPad). It's annoying and I can't do anything. Anybody else experiencing this?

Thor1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My i-pad did it for a few minutes, then that annoying element of safari or tapatalk went away. That was yesterday as well.

Thor1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. raven

raven

Happens to me all the time
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Thor1 likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Started happening to me today as well . I would like to tapa-kick .:oops:

Thor1 likes this.

5. Yep,,,did it to me yesterday a few times,,,,,then it quit.
    I’m assuming a technical glitch ?

However,,,,always remember,,,these things know a lot more than they let on !
    This electronic stuff is watching and listening,,,,,and trying to control your actions,,,,always .

Tommy

Thor1 and pitman like this.
  6. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

I normally use one of two choices in my house. A powerful desktop computer and large monitor that used to take up most of computer usage time. Now, it is a 17 inch hot rod of a laptop (fairly lightweight and powerful insides) to do most of the daily activities. (writing, researching and household stuff.)

As devices play a big part of everyone's life, we also have our share of tablets to go along with our phones. So, the information highway is always just a type and click away. But, I have noticed that, as nice as the tablets are, they do not compare to the ease and quality of the larger laptop for daily usage. Why do work on an 8-12 inch screen with problems around every corner, when a 17 inch screen does it all for anyone? Or, the old reliable stationary desktop that has no problems with any website or word processing?

I have all Android powered tablet and phone. My wife has all Apple products, a tablet and Iphone. They are good, but have drawbacks that we just have to overcome...not using it for main writing and researching. They are good for phone calls, a very quick search about a single topic... "movie from 1966 Denmark, etc”... or just a larger screen than most phones for the daily viewing of something. But, as handy as they are, they have limitations that are not worth fighting on a daily basis. My wife uses her phone and tablet daily, but when it comes time to do some word processing or reading emails, it is back to her desktop computer for total control of all things necessary to type or finish a project.

Jnaki

The problems of posting to various websites or just setting up word processing is sometimes horrendous and not worth it on those small devices. But, if the device is the only thing handy, then reading is awful as the screen is so small and the keyboard is not fit for anyone other than little kids small fingers. If nothing else is around, which is a rarity of these “locked in place” times, "it will do in a pinch." Only if you are reading an article magnified 10 times for clarity.

Why watch a movie on a 6 inch screen when a 50-60 inch screen is available for those choices? Ever try to use your computer access on a 60 inch TV screen? That is the reverse of using a 6 inch phone for all typing work. Use the larger, more powerful, portable laptop for the all around champion of accessibility, power and virtually trouble free access anywhere you go or don't go in the house.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Thor1 and catdad49 like this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I've never seen this... I will look into it... I hate the app... I need to just get rid of it.

Sancho and Moriarity like this.
  8. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

Thanks Ryan. Does anyone have a work around for the iPad? I can no longer use it to view this forum. I don't see the app on my device, I'm assuming it's an issue with how it works with the HAMB?
    Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

just use your browser. Tapatalk is terrible anyhow.

Sancho likes this.
  10. Please forgive my computer ignorance, but is the app that you are referring to the one on my phone on the home screen? If the app went away, could I still get The H.A.M.B. on my phone? I live in the middle of no where and my phone is the only internet I have. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

of course you can, simply use your phones browser (safari) and go to jalopyjournal.com

Sancho, Thor1 and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  12. Moriarity, if I do that, do I just sign in and then get to the same place as the app takes me to? Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

sign in and it is the full site, just like being on a computer. The full site is far better than what the app is in my opinion. try it and let me know what you think....

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

I'm not using it, it asks me if I want to use Tapatalk or Safari. When a choose Safari, it does nothing. As in it won't let me view the next page and then asks me again the same question. I googled the app, sounds like a nightmare

15. I like Tapatalk it let's me blend the HAMB and garage journal together and posting pics from my phone is much easier than any other way I have figured out. If I was a computer whizz I'm sure there are better ways but I'm just a dumb ass that likes cars

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Try opening up Safari normally.
    Then add H.A.M.B. in your search box.
    This may get you in.

17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've got Chrome and safari both on my IPad, never have a problem getting on with either. Chrome also works on my android phone.

EDIT: Now it’s putting an ad on the top of the page for the app. Never saw this before.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  18. Roothawg

Roothawg

It was doing to me on my phone using the full site. I had never had it happen before.

19. I need to post an apology here.
    I have been using Tapatalk on the advice of a member on another site. We were discussing how best to post pics.
    I decided to experiment a little this morning and discovered a few things. First I can now post pics here and at GJ straight from my phone, dont know what my problem was before. I couldn't remember my password so I logged in on my laptop to change or identify my password In doing so I realized my avatar had been changed. Ryan I'm sorry I dont know how I did it but It wasn't intentional and it has been corrected. I dont believe in poking someone who invites you into his home.
    Jim

20. It started doing it again. Won’t let you choose safari. I’m assuming the continue button lets you resume using safari, only way I can get back in.