Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest DID YOU EVER TAKE MOM FOR A RIDE IN THE HOT ROD OR CUSTOM?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 2, 2020.

1. Good read, thanks man. HRP

2. Day 2 of the Mothers Day delivery's, the phones haven't stopped ringing, Brenda got home this morning a 3:40, she worked over 18 hours designing and my daughter and I drove over 300 miles yesterday delivering the arrangements.

I'm driving the Ranch Wagon today. HRP

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, slug and 5 others like this.
  3. Mom and I used to go for a ride in my RPU for her birthday, and Mom's day. Would still do it, but at 101 she can't get in anymore.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  4. Dean you are so fortunate to still have your mom, I would love to be able to just call my mom, she died of cancer when she was 61. HRP

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  5. HotRod33

HotRod33

HRP your right.... I'd give just about anything for just one more conversation with my Mom

6. One of the kids took this one about 15 years ago; taking Mom home in the roadster after Mother's Day at our place. She's been gone for almost 10 years now. And the car hasn't been touched for about 5 years, those wheels and tires have to go...
    Cadnmom3.JPG

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  7. That's a cool looking car & you need to get it back on the road where it belongs, it's getting to be roadster weather. HRP

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  8. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I would drive the wheels off that roadster, it looks like a time machine.

[​IMG]

9. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Not a car but took my wife and my son out on out on our boat. If my mom were still alive we’d have taken her too. 4E8F9368-CB77-41F8-B74E-C85878A973F9.jpeg

10. Hot Rod Boat, that makes sense. :D HRP

11. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

A 100 Mile Trip And Lunch In The Park...For 39 Years... DSCN1229.JPG

12. Sounds good, I love the delivery. HRP

13. eldiablooxidado

eldiablooxidado

We didn't get out, however, I did buy another! IMG_20200509_144300969.jpg

14. Don't see too many sport coupes hot rods. HRP

15. Deuces

Deuces

Mom turned 80 in February and she's in better shape than I am.... Plus she's a lead foot..:confused::eek::D

16. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Danny I guess this is more of a question for Brenda than you, but when people order flowers from her that would be delivered out of state, does Brenda get the biggest share of the cost of the flower arrangement?

17. If a person pick's up the telephone and orders a arrangement for someone in or out of state from a place like 1-800 flowers or one of the other major order gatherers advertised on the radio or television you will pay a what they advertise, they don't do the work but send it to a brick & morter shop like Brenda.

For a example, if you pay them 60 dollars plus tax for a arrangement they send a request for a shop to do the work but say they have a order for 35 dollars (that is suppose to cover the tax,delivery and the arrangement), the intended recipient gets the flowers and sends a photo to the person that ordered it and that person gets upset with the shop that makes the flower and complains they did not get what they ordered, as you can see, the small shops get all the work but not the money to cover what the customer ask for.

Brenda no longer takes these orders, anytime a individual needs to order flowers Brenda & Melissa encourages people to call a local shop directly, Brenda is always willing to help anyone and will even help provide a number for a shop in your area.

To answer your question, if you call Brenda and want her to take car of your out of town flowers, I believe you pay her and she does the paper work, calls a shop in that area and she get's 10% of the total when going through the flower shop network which is small shops working together.

If flowers are ordered over the phone using Brenda's 1-800 number you get what you pay for, I believe this is the case with most of the real brick and motor shops. HRP

ladyhrp, chryslerfan55 and 3W JOHN like this.
  18. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I've bought flowers from Brenda many times. for here in town and across the country

I got screwed a few time with the TV flower shops in the past, I always call Brenda if I need flowers.

19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Ok Danny I was just wondering how that worked

20. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Taking my mother and my dad for a ride in the wagon was something I really wanted to do but unfortunately they both passed away before Danny finished the restoration for me.

21. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

It's sad that the only picture I have of my mother and I with Mama Jessie's wagon is this one but I'm blessed to have the picture & the car after so many years.

[​IMG]

D type, Deuces, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  22. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I went to see my mom om mothers day and take her flowers. Yesterday we found out she has the stupid virus so now my family and my 2 brothers familys are all self isolating for 7 days. Shes doing ok despite.

23. I wish your Mom well, also your family. HRP

Deuces, 3W JOHN, ladyhrp and 2 others like this.
  24. If I could roll the clock back about twenty years I’d take my grandmother ( god rest her soul) out for a Sunday drive in my F-100.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. I'm sure Brenda feels the same way, her grandmother Jessie purchased the Ranch Wagon brand new from Blue Ridge Motors here in Anderson,South Carolina in 1954 as a means to delivery flowers and as her daily transportation.
    HRP

[​IMG]

Deuces, 3W JOHN, Dave Mc and 2 others like this.
  26. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Yes sir, I feel the same way.

27. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Brenda, did your mother drive that wagon much?

ladyhrp, Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. John, I'll get Brenda to answer your question when she get's home, I can tell you that her mom had a 1965 Mustang, it was a 289 K code/ 4 speed transmission and she knew how to drive that car, it was quick and until the day I was helping Brenda's dad tune it up I did realize the car came with a factory duel point distributor. HRP

ladyhrp, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  29. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

My wife has hardly left the house in 2 months. I took her out for a drive on Mother's day and took a few photos. Stopped by Phillipe's for some take out French dip sandwiches. my39-Eastern-Building.jpg my39-Novarro-House.jpg my39-Paramount-Studios.jpg my39-Phillipes-3.jpg

alanp561, jnaki, ladyhrp and 3 others like this.
  30. Deuces

Deuces

Bad ass little motors..... ;)
    I better get back to work....:(