Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stikit vs hookit disc backer pads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X-cpe, May 10, 2020.

1. X-cpe

X-cpe

A question for the body men. Just received a new backer pad for my air grinder. I use Stikit discs. They sent a Hookit pad in a Stikit box. (3M) The surface of the new one feels and looks like the Stikit one that I have, save for a lot of minute cuts in the surface that I can't feel. Can I successfully use Stikit discs on the Hookit pad.

2. Try it.I like both but the hook allow on/off/on again easier.

3. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

You can try it but I'm not sure how long stickits will stay on the hook and loop pad.

Now might be a good time to switch to hook and loop... I did 20 years ago, and never looked back.

4. A hook it pad has actual hooks on it like one side of velcro not just a bunch of slits. Your description does not sound like a hook it pad. This is a hook it pad. 1589170000616.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have both and the stick on won’t stay on my hook pad.

6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Stik it needs a smooth pad to stick. They won’t stay on a hook it pad. I think if you try the hook it pad you will like them

guthriesmith likes this.
  7. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I like both but you need to switch backing plates or have two of everything. I like the 320 for my finish DA, I believe it cuts better longer. The disks are expensive.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  8. X-cpe

X-cpe

Thank-you everybody for the responses, especially K13 with the picture. I didn't know what a Hookit pad should look like. There was a sneaking suspicion in the back of my head that what I had wouldn't hold a Hookit disc. What they sent me is a Stikit pad, it just had the wrong label put on it at the factory.