Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Deuces and loudbang like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

3. Dad's hatchery truck (1).jpg
    Actually this is a panel truck which is different from a sedan delivery.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  4. Not a Sedan Delivery! JW

loudbang and fordflambe like this.
  5. Gram Spina

Gram Spina

6. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

7. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

8. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Lou,

I always enjoy seeing your green/black sedan delivery in different photos in different places. Also, whenever I open my garage model car drawer, the green/black sedan delivery pops right up front and center. It has been a while since I modified a 1/64, but, I have one chopped top Mercury that is waiting its turn for a little progress. It is being “locked in place,” while we tend to other business of taking naps, eating good foods, not going overboard on movie watching and just enjoy being together with our little dog, modern toys and devices. Also, waiting for a weekly Facetime call from our granddaughter.

She and her mom surprised us yesterday with an actual real 25 feet away Facetime conversation and house visit. They are a couple of rebels as going for a neighborhood walk turned into a long drive and visit to two old grandparents. I was getting ready to go out to the garage to spice things up in the model car drawer with a few modifications on various 1/64 cars. (We are not doing those big plastic models as they take up too much space.) Since we cannot get any sedan delivery cars in other models, I was starting on 32 sedan as a sedan delivery. But, as nice as working on small metal cars, a visit in real life took up the next 35 minutes. She is still alive and still 14 going on 15 very soon.

Jnaki

Whenever I see your sedan delivery, I look back to the start of modifying an old Coke Sedan Delivery. The paint got stripped and the only green I had was not the right color shade, even with black fenders. Then I found a darker green paint in my household project paint shelf and it was as close to your real sedan delivery as I could make it. The only thing missing are the orange/yellow fog lights, in scale. I still have a string of hot rods in various stages of development and one custom that isn’t accepting my filled body modifications as much as I would like. So, it may just be a mild custom instead of a full lowered custom with flames.

Keep up the new/old photos of the sedan delivery. It still makes us think about our own 2 1940 Ford sedan deliveries we once owned and cruised for many miles in So Cal.
    upload_2020-5-11_10-58-51.png upload_2020-5-11_10-58-36.png

3 year old thread

So, one day(s) I was messing around with an old green Ford Sedan Delivery model car and it gave me a great idea. You have been a wealth of knowledge on the various threads here on the HAMB. This 1/64 model is a So Cal version of your car, complete with real rubber tires. It took me a while to get it close enough to be a twin to your car. The original plastic tires and gold rims...gone.
    upload_2020-5-11_11-0-42.png

Here the green/black Ford Sedan Delivery is playing around with his friends, my red 1965 El Camino and my custom version of the red flamed cement mixer truck that has been all over So Cal, since the late 60’s. My So Cal garage, like most garages is getting cold, so the 1/64 models are taking a break until it warms up out there. But, it is fun to roll them around inside of the house when finished.
    upload_2020-5-11_11-1-21.png
    upload_2020-5-11_11-1-37.png
    I am still looking around my parts bin and local stores for the yellow fog lights to keep it updated.

Playing around with cars never gets old, although we all are...

9. Gram Spina

Gram Spina

10. fordflambe

fordflambe

Just like other bodies, the styling changed so much thru the years, It would be cool to see all of these in one gathering.

loudbang likes this.
  11. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Thank You Sir And We Always Keep The Faith...Appreciated... DSCN3460.JPG

12. loudbang

loudbang

13. loudbang

loudbang

14. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Anybody know on a 48 ford sedan delivery, If the windshield inner garnish
    molding is the same as a car and if so what years"if any" are the same ?
    Thanks

loudbang likes this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

16. verde742

verde742

I believe. W.s. Garnish moldings are the same

loudbang likes this.
  17. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

41 thru 48 are the same

loudbang likes this.
  18. fordflambe

fordflambe

41' Sedan Delivery is same as 40' but I don't think it is the same as 41' cars as the cars in 41 were the new body........I could be wrong?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65