Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Question about 8 circuit wiring harness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rockabillykat666, May 8, 2020.

1. Hey all, I am rewiring my 55 ford, and years ago probably 2004, i purchased an 8 circuit harness from some manufacturer, not sure who because the paperwork is gone. On the Constant hot side I have the red 10 gauge battery wire, 2 14 gauge wires, and a short 10 gauge yellow wire with a butt connector. Any idea what the yellow wire is supposed to feed? It's on a 25 amp fuse. I bought my car back after selling it quite a few years ago, it's been through 3 owners since and someone wired it to my dome light. Ha ha.

2. JUSTIN PERSINGER

JUSTIN PERSINGER

Rockabillykat666 likes this.
  3. OFT

OFT

Do you have picture of fuse panel itself? Maybe someone will recognize it. Red and yellow are colors used for constant B+ (battery or "hot" all the time).

4. These are the pics I have in my phone 0508201531.jpg 0508201531a.jpg

5. JUSTIN PERSINGER

JUSTIN PERSINGER

I would agree with OFT, Constant B+, in the instructions I posted earlier it is an orange wire. Which are GM colors.

Sent from my XP8800 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. thanks guys this does help a lot

JUSTIN PERSINGER likes this.
  7. If it's the yellow wire on the upper right in your picture, it is connected to the battery busbar and is not fused. It maybe a sub-feed to a higher amp accessory with it's own breaker, like A/C, power seats/windows, etc.

8. Yeah I wouldn't think to connect to the ignition switch without it being fused. I really cant think of anything with very high amperage that it would go to. No AC or power anything. guess I can just cap it off.

9. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

Could be a fuse able link.