Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 5/8/20 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, May 7, 2020.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ron,

Nice drawing to include the background, featuring the PCH Highway 1 bridges along that coastal route. The latest streaming series we watched reminded us of those days of shifting gears on those hills and curves. The series is called "Big Little Lies" and has an outstanding, all star cast for the strange story. The opening credits and theme song stick with anyone watching the show. The cool thing is, the driving scenes with those famous arched bridges along the Big Sur Coastline. The story is supposed to take place in that area with Carmel/Monterey being the center piece. (NOT FOR TEENAGERS OR LITTLE KIDS)

Our younger days had that drive as a means of wonder versus driving on the North South freeways to get to the SF Bay area and points North. Driving North seems to be safer for those with "shaky" tendencies. Going south was a little scary with the long drop off cliff sides to the ocean below. The trips north were always less hectic and was a great way to enjoy one of the best drives in all of the USA.

Jnaki
    We never took the Flathead Ford Sedan Delivery up that coastal drive. Being behind a giant SUV or RV is bad enough, let alone a low powered, Flathead Sedan Delivery in 2nd gear or even first gear on those steep grades and curves. Plus, I know others have done it, but those brakes just did not feel like they were going to help. For our road trips on those many occasions, we had sporty cars and the two El Caminos for power and handling.

Thanks for the drawing and memories that came with it.

Spoggie, Lil32, kiwijeff and 5 others like this.
  2. [​IMG]

Happy Friday morning everyone! Here's an idea I've had for a while and thought I would preview it here for you all. I'm thinking of doing a trading card set with some art and stories related to Urban Legends and of course tying them in with Hot Rods. Pictured is a story I heard growing up in Watkins Glen N.Y.. Each card will have a picture on the front which be a scene relative to the story made from a combination of handmade art and public domain pictures, and a condensed version of the story on the back. I plan to have about 35 cards in the set which will also include stickers and a few special cards, like prisms or holograms. Currently I have about 15 stories written. I would like at least another 10 to 15. If any of you would like to submit a story of your own and I end up using it, I will give you a complete set and of course credit you on the card for your story. You can PM me here on the HAMB or email me at [email protected]

Stogy, NWRustyJunk, echo ed and 18 others like this.
  3. Nothing new this week, but a Tiki head chainsaw carving I did a few years back.
    Stands about 32” tall

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. A couple more trucks from the wood shop, profiles cut out of scrap 2x6's.

[​IMG]

A coat of white latex paint and some hand drawn details with Sharpie markers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wicarnut, Stogy, echo ed and 24 others like this.
  5. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you ...........I'm very nostalgic for drive-ins and cafes. A simpler time.

6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-5-8_9-14-53.png
    Gary Bale Concrete from So Cal.

Hello,
    Nice wood cuts. So here is an inspiration for you to finish the cement truck with some arty flames. These giant trucks have been tooling around So Cal for many years. They are the wonderment for all little kids when they see the cement mixers with the flames moving around on the streets. Our toddler son used to see the flamed trucks from his back seat location and say "Red Flame Truck" as loud as he could when he saw it through the windshield.

Today, despite the locked in place rules, when we do go to the bank or grocery store, we still see these flamed cement trucks still doing their thing.

Jnaki
    upload_2020-5-8_9-22-11.png

Jet96, wicarnut, Stogy and 14 others like this.
  7. kenmo

kenmo

Photos I took at the 2016 Atlantic Nationals Automotive Extravaganza, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jet96, wicarnut, Lil32 and 18 others like this.
  8. kenmo

kenmo

More from 2016 Atlantic Nationals Automotive Extravaganza.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spoggie, wicarnut, Stogy and 17 others like this.

9. Boy are you right about this. Heading south on PCH is much more harrowing. Of the couple times I traveled it, once was a day where the temperature dropped and it became socked in with pretty heavy fog, patchy, thankfully, so there were moments of clear visibility. Traffic was very light also. That was a long drive.
    The industry I work in lost two very gifted artists in a tragic accident in Big Sur. A third survived. They were Disney guys who had transferred up to Pixar years earlier. All were instrumental creatives on the "CARS" and other big films. In fact, Joe Ranft, was one of the co-writers and sequence directors. At the time of his death, he was recording the voice for "Mater" so the character had to be recast. Enter the Cable Guy...
    Joe was my story/storyboard instructor when I studied animation at Cal Arts in Valencia, CA. A great guy I still miss to this day. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0710020/

b-bop, Animal, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  10. theraif

theraif
    from myhouse

guess art time is over
    20200423_175930.jpg

wicarnut, Stogy, Mika123 and 12 others like this.
  11. Lil32, hotrodjack33 and 55Belairman like this.
  12. A repeat but a good one, John De Angelos 39 Merc, low and slow - Art
    [​IMG]

Spoggie, wicarnut, Stogy and 11 others like this.
  13. 31Apickup

31Apickup

RamJet1, wicarnut, Stogy and 16 others like this.
  14. Freddy Rowe Merc Black and White - ART
    [​IMG]

15. Trying to make the best of the downtime lately, I've got a personal project I've been working on...

[​IMG]

16. 1320Paul

1320Paul

Spray gun drawn on an original 1948 pinup page
    spray gun pinup small.jpg

17. There's some weird cambers goin' on in this photo. 'Specially the roadster rear end. Nevertheless, we really dig your posts each week, JNAKI. Really keep the finger on the pulse.

140303lakes'28-c.jpg

18. Cool post. My very favourite Olds. All it needs is '55 Chevy tailights, and it's perfect. And Packard really were in deep water by '41-2 ( compared to what it had been- nevertheless, a cool car of itself, part of an amazing car legacy, and incredible war effort).

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  19. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys, thanks for all the "Likes". I really appreciate it.:D
    And, as always, if you have a use for any of my posted artwork...feel free to use it any way you care to.

Another great FAS guys:D:D:D:D

arc9.jpg

wicarnut, Stogy, ct1932ford and 18 others like this.
  20. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

^^Who doesn’t love a red ‘29 roadster with a flathead and Steele’s ?

hotrodjack33 and Lil32 like this.
  21. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Very cool images Ken ..............

22. I have one of those too, can't do anything without him in my face. IMG_4938.JPG

23. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have 2...that are either in your face...or are destroying EVERYTHING...they never stop...
    aaa.jpg

24. orange52

orange52

I'm trying to learn to pinstripe but this just kind of came out in the process :) Just some fun on an old ammo can. ammo can.jpg

25. rooman

rooman

Steve, I think that is just distortion via the lens used as the push car has the same problem at both ends.

Roo

Spoggie likes this.
  26. JBurt

JBurt

Wow... Say Good-night Gracie.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

CycloneBMercV5.jpg

An Inspiration for @Cyclone Kevin's project...The Allure of the Chopped Merc

51A81572-038E-48F0-B80A-BDF1C880F8A4.jpeg

Great Show All...

Credit to All That Inspired This

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

41 GMC K-18, wicarnut and Stogy like this.