Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Real Rodderz wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THR1LL3R, May 5, 2020.

1. We have a set of these at work for a customers car and the cover for the adapter for the knockoff doesn’t fit with the supplied shank style lug nuts. He told us the turned them down on a lathe 3/8” to fit. Sounds like a lot of work for that. Anyone else had the same problem?

2. Here’s a few pics

Attached Files:

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Nope, but it should be engineered in the first place the right way . You should’v have to spend the time and cost to fix their problem.

4. I have had that problem, you either have to machine a bit off the lug nut heads or buy shorter length mag shank lug nuts, only the head. I have ordered them from Summit.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe they should change their name to Real "Cloze" to Rodderz Wheelz. Ridiculous to have to fix new products.

kidcampbell71 and mad mikey like this.
  6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I used a lot of Halibrand wheels years ago and had to machine the ends off the lug nuts to clear their knockoff hats. Same deal it was lug nuts they furnished.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. tim troutman

tim troutman

I had the same problem thought it was just my cheap ways. knock offs came from swap meet lug nuts from local wheel shop. I am not a machinist just cut them off with a grinder they do not show so I did not worry about how they looked . also I believe the washers I first tried were to big. but did not hit till I cut the lugs off. I bought these wheels unpolished . polished them my self so they may not be as nice as the ones bought that way 0505202112.jpg 0505202111.jpg

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How far down in those lugs are the threads. I’d want the wheel stud right there at the end with threads on the lugs too. Looks like the shank is holding the wheel on and hoping the end doesn’t break.
    Probably makes no difference to you but 20years ago what I’m seeing was made illegally unsafe with SCTA and not allowed...

9. tim troutman

tim troutman

they are almost bottomed out in the wheel. plenty of thread the hex part is like the head of a bolt .1/2 inch studs probably an inch of threads. I believe if you put a picture of new Volvos being put together at the factory somebody on here would say it looks unsafe

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I’m saying is the threads of the stud need to be in the shank AND the head end where the socket goes on. In the photo I don’t see the end of the stud or threads if they were long enough. A minimum for a 1/2” stud is 1/2” of threads in the head, better with 5/8” of threads and a stud in them.
    In the photo shown the head of the lug looks to be 5/8”-3/4” thick and I can see no threads or the end of the stud.

kidcampbell71 likes this.