Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pebble Beach Car Week has been cancelled...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 5, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Pebble Beach Car Week has been cancelled...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  2. Too bad. I only went once [2012] but I totally enjoyed it! I need to go again. pebblebeach12delahaye.JPG pebblebeach12delahayefront.JPG
    My brother clowning for the camera.. scottypebblebeach.JPG

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well it is California. Just sayin...

4. Not a surprise at this point, but still a bummer.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.

5. And for the same reason the Indy 500 is not happening and that's in Indiana, along with other major national, regional and local events where large crowds of people have been known to gather. So, what's your point??

das858, jebbesen, Peter Nowak and 2 others like this.
  6. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

You know if it hadn't been for the hotrod scene in California I don't think it would have developed like it is today....It started there and went east...People just don't know the history of this hobby...Thanks California rodders for what we enjoy today...

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

August. California. Warm weather response/conditions. And it's worse here, I'm in MI. I guess excess isn't exclusive to any state and I'll stop there out of respect for the board. Just sayin...

8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

"GO BUCKEYES" Ohio State University '85...Raised in California...just saying...

9. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's like this all across the nation, big annual gatherings that attract a lot of people, practically impossible to enforce social distancing, it's really not worth the " health " risks to the participants and the liability that the organizers and promotors would have to shoulder, same thing, while not a popular decision, a very nessessary one to make no doubt! The annual gathering at Oshkosh Wisconsin is officially cancelled as well, a lot of disappointed people! Better safe than infected!

Nitroholic likes this.
  10. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

It is the same across the economy, effecting groups large and small. My better half works for a charity
    group that had to skip its annual meeting, a major fundraiser for it. Her Polish group cancelled its
    fundraiser dinner, etc. In the grand scheme of things it will be something we survived, but a lot of
    groups will go under, including many small business people, I saw an estimate that 30% of restaurants
    may not reopen.

Nitroholic and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  11. Reason for the closing of this event is in part because Pebble Beach golf course and company has, for the most part, closed down with massive layoffs. This is mostly due to there being extreme cancellations from over seas visitors equating to no business.
    Car week ( of which Concour is a part) has become less of a local Monterey event and more of a world wide gathering of high buck car buffs/collectors that feed the economy of Pebble Beach, Carmel, Monterey, SeaSide, Marina, Castroville, Santa Cruz and Salinas.
    The Historics races are still scheduled to happen at Laguna Seca, with modifications.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  12. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

And the cars came from where??
    Oh yeah, Michigan.

theHIGHLANDER likes this.
  13. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Being from Ohio I know all about car manufacturing...Oh and alot about rust...

14. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Well sure...A great number of Jewel and Crescent cars were rodded.:rolleyes:

15. I want one of these Chryslers. Pebble Beach is a great place to oggle some really nice stuff! I even saw Leno walking along the side of the road. Maybe next year will be better...crossed fingers. DSC00356.JPG DSC00360.JPG

lurker mick likes this.