Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn, that's looking good Andrew. I like the front end treatment a lot:)
    Good idea on the hood pins, as it's quite true about shoebox hoods popping up:eek:
    I've seen your trick about using the pins inverted before, but it wasn't on a custom, it was on a fleet of whiskey tripper cars:eek: Didn't want the hoods flying up if they had to bust their way thru a barricabe or roadblock:mad:
    Whole family of several brothers, cousins, and hangers on that had stlls and stuff, along with cars that never saw the light of day:rolleyes:

2. Looking great man!

3. crusty&rusty

crusty&rusty

Lookin good Andrew! I better get over there and check it out in person one of these days.

PBRmeASAP likes this.
  4. I like the wiring part, buy me a ticket and I'll finish up that job for you.
    I think the hood pins are your inner muscle car mullet trying to get their hands on your custom.
    Looking good.

PBRmeASAP and Big A like this.
  5. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Damn, looks like you might "scratch that",will get down the driveway and further this year. Looking mighty good. Good call on the hood, as I too had a 50 hood fly up at 80+ mph trying to see how fast the car would go in 2nd overdrive. This was back in 1956 in a 55 Bird powered 50 sedan. Turns out the car was faster in 2nd OD than in 3rd, but cost dearly to find that out.

Big A and Dog_Patch like this.
  6. Looks Great Andrew! Keep on rocking it man.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great to see this finally coming together. Looks good!

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Looking Great!!!

9. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks really good!

10. GOod work, keep on it, can't wait to see it in person someday!

11. Man that’s looking good brother :cool:

12. Ronnie Lawson

Ronnie Lawson

Car looks really Great. I just set here and read the entire thread! I'm getting ready to start on my 50, as I just finished a 1967 Buick Electra 225 4 door hardtop for a family member. Now it's time to work on my stuff!

13. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

14. I heard that Andrew traded this in on a customized 2005 Ford Windstar... :D

stealthcruiser and PBRmeASAP like this.
  15. maybe he just forgot he had it?

16. 1953naegle

1953naegle

I like seeing a rust bucket come together so well. It gives me hope for mine!

17. Just realized it's been almost 2 years since I touched this car. Dang. After my last update I threw a tarp over it and there it sits. The years in the paintshop killed my momentum and got me onto other projects, and being not entirely happy with the whole experience means I'm lacking enthusiasm to get this one done. Frustrating... but it will be done someday.

18. grf-x

grf-x

I know this feeling. I'm glad you plan on revisiting the build. I've just started to get excited about my build. One issue i run into, other than lay offs and pandemics, is I don't posses the knowledge some of you veteran Shoeboxers have. But I am getting back at it, and I hope you do as well. Iv'e got a lot to do. She is in bare metal, needs new metal and a complete rewire. I'm going 12v conversions. Right now, I am stuck on figuring out what alternator to get (lack of knowledge). Big A, you got this! All of us following your build are excited for you.

dirty old man likes this.
  19. Man, really, almost 2yrs?? Time just flies by. I can tell ya about lost momentum. It's tough to press on. Ya have to pick SOMETHING...anything...on it, and complete that piece of the puzzle. Something bite sized at first, get a sense of accomplishing something, anything. Back it outta the shop, clean the shop out good, sort of a reset - start again, a little fresh change. Gonna be a nice ride, you'll really feel the accomplishment when ya take that baby down the road. (...and not on a trailer:D, headed to someone else's house, sold into slavery as a ratrod :eek::D) I believe you'll get at 'er again.

20. come on....two year, git on it dawg gone it

Dog_Patch likes this.
  21. Hey Mateo, I didn't know bupkis when I started.

Didn't know Backus, Butkus or Bacchus either.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

stealthcruiser and Dog_Patch like this.
  22. As long as the Model A is still running you can mess with the Shoebox. Always keep one hot rod in the fleet running.

23. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

So the time flies, feels like the last update was like month ago.I am glad that you are stubborn sob like me and havent given up the whole build.
    Well, i hope that both of us will get our motivation back. I am sure it will happen at some point.

24. fordcoupeguy

fordcoupeguy

Good idea on the hood pins. I may do the same on mine.

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Lucky,for you, Big A, that a passport, etc. is now required for travel to Canada. Else I might have to mosey up there and put an 82 yr. old size 14 boot to your posterior to give you a jumpstart :eek::)

26. Well yeah, about that... :rolleyes:

But I sold the '41 coupe so I can almost sort of start to think about focusing on the shoebox again... after I get the Model A back on the road.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  27. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Sometimes you have to give up something to make progress. That shoebox of yours is almost on the finishline. Go Andrew go!

Big A, Dog_Patch and dirty old man like this.
  28. shoebox time

Woogeroo likes this.
  29. If you were closer we could do the interior in it. I took a class and have stayed in a Holiday Inn before.
    I would trade for body work on the 39 Truck project.

Woogeroo, Big A and PBRmeASAP like this.