Register now to get rid of these ads!

Under Dash Heater Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flop, Jun 13, 2007.

1. topher5150

topher5150

Picked this up at a swap meeto think it's an aftermarket Firestone piece. IMG_20200409_215343_166.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kadillackid likes this.
  2. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

image.jpeg I have the same heater in my '53 dodge 1/2 ton and it has no brand name on it anywhere.

kadillackid likes this.
  3. I found a 12V motor at NAPA that was an exact replacement for the 6V out of a late '30's International. Now to find the part #....

4. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

5. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I removed a vintage air unit and replaced it with an original 40. I didn't want the original outlets to be in the center of the firewall on top of the SBF engine. I found that 1/2 copper pipe and fittings work perfectly on the original water outlets. I thought I had a better close up of the heater but I cant find it. Its painted the same two tone as the dash. IMG_3133.jpg IMG_2346.jpg

Attached Files:

jim snow likes this.
  6. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Got the rough looking old heater freshened up and ready for an install. May not be too pretty, but at least I will be warmer than not having one. image000000.jpg

7. Heater pass.jpg I used the 1/2 copper fittings to re-route hoses for my Vintage air/heat unit. The couplings for the copper fittings, are good size for 5/8 heater hose, which is used on my engine. I've attached a picture of the interior side of hose pass-through I built then(25 years ago!) Copper pipe was brazed to piece of sheet steel. On engine side, I soldered the couplings, which the heater hose fits on.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  8. Canuck

Canuck

With reversed firewall and a recess as well, really didn't have room for a heater under the dash, but regulations stated that I had to have defrost for the windshield. Modified this heater to draw air from the floor and duct it up to vent louvers at bottom of windshield. Has two 2 1/2" computer fans inside with a two speed switch. Rear housing is custom made with louvers on the bottom, front is original with wrinkle paint and polished aluminum, knobs are polished stainless.
    upload_2020-5-7_14-56-1.png

jim snow likes this.
  9. Old Tropic Aire I reworked the case, fitted with a late model core, computer fan, and had the case powder coated in an industrial wrinkle finish.
    heater box.jpg heater.jpg