Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Quarantined?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pats55, May 4, 2020.

1. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I've been watching a TV series with some great cars of the fifties and sixties. It's called Crime stories with Dennis Farina it is a real hoot. It is on IMDT

2. That was the BEST - long before his next series NYPD Blue I think...........

mad mikey, Terrible80 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. The best part of that show was Del Shannon singing the theme song.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I like when Pauli accidentally drives himself and Ray onto the nuclear test site.

5. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Dennis Farina, God rest his soul, played the part of a maniac very well. He was great in the movie snatch

6. My son just put Netflix on my TV, lots of good movies to watch. I have Firestick too, think I watched that for close to a year and nothing else.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

I used to love that show! It was on TV in the late 1980's, I believe. The show was developed by Michael Mann, the same guy that created Miami Vice. Great show with killer music -- however the DVD collection that you can buy does not have any of the same soundtrack because they wouldn't spring for the rights on DVD. Ruined it. Good to know it is running again in (I hope) its original form.
    la-la-me-dennis-farina-jpg-20130722.jpg

8. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

Lt. Mike Torello: "Hey you. You hurt anybody else, when this is over, I'm gonna find what you love the most and I'm gonna kill it. Your mother, your father, your dog... don't matter what it is, it's dead."
    9041419c3a1f9687bbd0bc952fd0e03a_400x400.jpeg

9. silent rick

silent rick

cadillac bob and i were dropping his 52 lincoln off at the painters for a little touch up paint. at the shop was an early 60's caddy for sale once owned by dennis farina. we checked it out so we got that going for us

mad mikey and bobss396 like this.
  10. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Damn! That was a cool show! The gullet of Las Vegas. The hot rods. The music. Good Cop sense.
    The atomic age...

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I loved that show when it first came out! Santa brought me the DVD set one Christmas. As I recall Dennis Farina was the real deal. Originally he was on the Chicago Police Dept. and then went to Crime Story

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Forgot about the music issueregarding the DVDs but still a good show. I know what I'll be watching in a few hours!

14. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

And if you like "Crime Story", check out "Private Eye" (1987) series starring Michael Woods who drives a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible and Josh Brolin who has a chopped 50 Mercury. Its on Youtube. Also appearing in the series is Benicio del Toro, so Josh and Benicio teamed up long before their killer (pun intended) roles in "Sicario."

15. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Thank you I will certainly check out. I like your car I want to be Mike Tarullo where I beat-up tough guys and getting different girls every week. But I am old and have girly arms that is not happening

raven and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

My favorite show growing up, that and dukes of hazzard of course. I'll have to see if I can find it on my TV. Whats old is new again

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  17. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I found private eyes. They want $1.99 per episode. I don't have that kind of money

18. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Achtung, achtung! It's on Youtube under "private eye 1987" and it's free.
    "private eyes" is something entirely different.
    I DO relate to your comment. My s-i-l says that I am "tighter than bark on a tree" and he's right, but being thrifty has allowed me to indulge my automania and automotive obsessions.
    Enjoy.

19. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Thank you Lucas I finally found it. I took$1 99 from one pocket and moved it to the other.