Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HOT ROD DIRT DRAGS NEW VENUE?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by e1956v, Feb 6, 2020.

1. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

2020-HRDD-PostCard-689x1024.jpg Event-Map-Big-News-2500px-1024x1024.jpg I am on the mailing list for Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR) in Fountain CO just south of Colorado Springs. PPIR has the Hot Rod Dirt Drags on there schedule for June 5,6,7th.
    Looks like a move from Monte Vista and the Movie Manor drive in.
    PPIR is just 5 minutes from my house so it good for me, but I took my grandson to the drags in Monte Vista and it was a great time and a cool venue. The Hot Rod Rock and Rumble is at PPIR and it is a great show.
    Will the move to PPIR make it easier for anyone else to attend therefore more likely to attend?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    j3harleys likes this.
  2. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Most definitely! Already making plans to attend since it's on this side of the state now.

j3harleys and e1956v like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

http://hotroddirtdrags.com/
    Far too many possible reasons including that the event has outgrown the facility or near by accommodations for those going to the event.
    I was searching for existing sand drag courses that were already set up with bleachers and other needed facilities that could hold a traditional hot rod dirt/sand drag event and though there a number of them many are way off the beaten path and are in bring your motorhome/camper spots that offer little off the venue amenities such as a quantity of motel rooms or places to eat.

chryslerfan55 and e1956v like this.
  4. j3harleys

j3harleys

Only 30 miles from me, So just saved me a couple hundred bucks for a motel, The people camping at the track will have the most fun, But I will miss Monte Vista. The track lay out is on the poster above. It will not be inside the track, It will be behind the grand stands in the parking lot, The strip will be in the dirt along side the parking lot. I stopped in a couple days ago and looked it over and talked to one of the guys. Mike and Crew always puts on a great event as does PPIR. So I will be there having a great time. See you there Rusty. Johnny

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    chryslerfan55, e1956v and pprather like this.

5. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

chryslerfan55 and j3harleys like this.
  6. badvolvo

badvolvo

I think it lost a lot of the cool factor, going from traditional old school to modern facility. Ruins it for me, and I am not a tradition freak, just appreciate the nostalgila. Only got to go once, glad I did.

7. j3harleys

j3harleys

The good news is that it is still going to happen. These types of events are few. So come on out it's going to be a great time no mater what. Unless this virus Shit screws it up.

winduptoy and pprather like this.
  8. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I've been worried about the virus killing the show. I keep checking the events cancelled thread.

j3harleys likes this.
  9. j3harleys

j3harleys

Just got the email Dirt Drags Dirt Drags Canceled.:(

10. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

11. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I just saw it as well. I kinda figured it would be. Next year!