Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion in June ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by da34guy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Anybody know if it's been cancelled or rescheduled

2. That's a ways off. NHRA did say racing will resume the first week of April. We will see about that.

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Fingers crossed!
    KK

4. squirrel

squirrel

Things are gonna get a whole lot worse, before they get better. I'm not making any plans for anything, at all, now.

5. I went ahead and registered. Hopefully if it's still hairy around here they'll just reschedule it.

scotty t likes this.
  6. The models presented at the hospital I work at this week paint a very grim picture. California's state wide shelter at home order just eliminated any cruising or street racing. Looks like a good time to start on a project car. Shelter in the shop and get something done.

7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Looks like all I can do is stay home and build my car. As long as UPS runs and brings me parts , my freezer is stocked . I bet every thing will be on hold until about August.

8. Budget36

Budget36

Just my personal opinion, but if the (any) event, still forges on, why take a risk?

Again (personally) I'm not taking advice from an organizer that deems it's ok.

Brian,

You work in the health industry, if I told you "come join the thousands next week at xxx", why listen to me?

1934coupe, timwhit and Hombre like this.
  9. Yeah, no rush to get the car done now :rolleyes:

scotty t likes this.
  10. Doug schott

Doug schott

Yeppers I know 2 people who they said you have it but we can't test you because you don't have cognac problems

11. southcross2631

southcross2631

The latest measure for the corona virus. Is 4 Corona's for breakfast, 4 more at lunch time and 4 more supper. stay safe everybody.

12. That’s always been my method!:rolleyes:

13. Just more time to catch up in the shop :D listening to George Thorogood and drinking alone

chargin03 and scotty t like this.
  14. D-man313

D-man313

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. BJR

BJR

This is going to be the summer that never was. We will be in this mess all summer and into fall. I got this from a good friend that holds a high position at a local big hospital.

16. I agree...our towns big festival that takes place the 3rd week in June got shut down today..I just wanna get to the drag strip a couple times this year..
    Oh yeah Sins of Steel is no go for 2020 too..

17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I’m thinking the road trip planned for the end of June to Colorado is not gonna happen.:(
    All we can do is wait and see.May be a whole lot of rescheduling coming up.

18. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Don Ewald's site said last week it was canceled/postponed. No confirmation from NHRA but they did suspend the June and July national events today. No firm schedule yet.

NHRA President Glen Cromwell released the following statement to NBC Sports:

“While we want to resume the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series as much as anyone, we believe the best decision at this time for our sport, based on the fluidity of the pandemic situation, is to postpone restarting Series events. We will have an announcement regarding the remainder of our 2020 Mello Yello schedule and those of our other series and events soon.”

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2020/05/04/nhra-2020-season-restart-postponed/

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Oh well, just another victim of the PANDEMIC! The summer is going in the "crapper" fast!
    KK

20. 42merc

42merc

chryslerfan55 and i.rant like this.
  21. BJR

BJR

I wonder of pot sales in Colorado are setting new records.

chop job likes this.
  22. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I have decided to not plan anything until after August. I hate missing all the swap meets and car shows but I am just staying as safe as I can and trying not to worry about things I have no control over.

23. Gman0046

Gman0046

The Holley Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green Kentucky is scheduled to start less then 6 weeks from now. Heard on TV today that Bowling Green is one of the states hardest hit areas. I seriously doubt its going to take place. I haven't registered yet or made a hotel reservation. Just waiting to see what happens. I sure hope it takes place or gets rescheduled as its its on my don't miss event list. It would be ideal if they moved it until September or October when it won't be so hot.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  24. '34 Terraplane

'34 Terraplane
    from Western PA

I see nothing about the reunion yet but this announcement was made today concerning the Mello Yello 2020 schedule.

[​IMG]
    NHRA officials announced today that they are working with state and local officials as well as host tracks and teams on a revised Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule, which will be announced soon. The season is expected to resume, with fans in attendance, in August, and will consist of 18 total events for 2020, including the two that kicked off the season. The Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series will continue to be contested at each Mello Yello Series event.

The revised schedule previously announced is in flux because of the fluid nature of the pandemic situation. At this time, it is certain that the events planned for June and July are postponed. Those events are the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals on June 5-7 (Gainesville, Fla.); Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals Presented by Pennzoil on June 12-14 (Houston, Texas); NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals on June 19-21 (Bristol, Tenn.); Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals on June 26-28 (Norwalk, Ohio); Route 66 NHRA Nationals on July 9-12 (Chicago); Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals Presented By Pennzoil on July 17-19 (Denver, Colo.); and NHRA Sonoma Nationals on July 24-26 (Sonoma, Calif.).

Tentative schedule announcements for the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series, E3 Spark Plugs NHRA Pro Mod Series, Mickey Thompson Tires NHRA Top Fuel Harley Series, and SAMtech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown series will be released following the Mello Yello Drag Racing Series announcement.

Updated 2020 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule

News Pagination

25. D-man313

D-man313

scotty t likes this.
  26. Gman0046

Gman0046

27. chryslerfan55 and D-man313 like this.
  28. Gman0046

Gman0046

My next concern is the NSRA Steetrod Nationals in Louisville, KY scheduled for August 2020. Its less then 3 months away. With all the scheduling and coordination for an event that size I'm sure we'll hear pretty soon. Being as the Vendors Exhibit Halls has been converted into a COVID-19 hospital facility may also have a bearing on the decision.

29. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Confirmed date for BG in now August 20 thru 22,

30. Gman0046

Gman0046

Great news. Thanks for posting.