Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Looking for a less "billet rod" brake mount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, May 4, 2020.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

These brake mounts were on my total T. Chevy spindle and a wildwood caliper (I need to measure hole distance as its small)
    I'd like to ditch them for something less 90s blingy. Maybe flat, maybe finned, I'm open to ideas. Trying to keep the care more 70s looking than these.

Attached Files:

2. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

If yours are Total Perf. Spindles , I think theyre a cross between Chevy and econoline, I have no idea what might fit ..

3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

The spindles were a hybrid. The mounting end is Chevy. For what its worth, I have swapped axles and now have all chevy style spindle

4. Canuck

Canuck

Home grown. 41 Merc backing plates with a edge shield welded on, cut away to clear Magnum disk conversion. Backing plates drilled and retain adjustment bolts/springs. Drilling for cooling and for effect.
    upload_2020-5-4_10-44-32.png

Weedburner 40, kadillackid and jvo like this.

5. squirrel

squirrel

It's hard to tell for sure, but they might be aluminum? If so, you can just trim most of the thing away, and be left with only a caliper bracket. If they're chrome plated steel, then you'll probably want to start with something else.

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Mine are aluminum. I've had that thought too. Also considered drawing out a different design of one, and having it water jet cut. I wouldnt really mind them if it werent for the little swirly cuts in them. I love shiny, just not the pattern

7. catdad49

catdad49

Paint/powdercoat, polish the flourish. Save your money for something else!