Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Fordor the Swedish way

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jimmysweden, May 2, 2020.

1. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

As many of us here we have a lot of ''not ready projects''. And a dream to make them just ready. In my case i can reveal that i have several. And one of them is a European Fordor. I try to make recipes of my projects so i know what not to sell and what to looking for to buy. For this car i have a lot but not everything.
    If you have any ''Some day'' cars to show, so be my guests here.
    Story of the car is:
    A friend called me one day and told me, ''I was at an old men today and bought a distributor to a flathead. You want to buy it?''
    Tell me more. And he told me it was an Angled one for front montage. I asked how much he want to make, so we agreed 350$. Some days later another friend saw it and told me that it came from his car ( a 32 roadster build in the early 60 ties), the white one below. i trade it for a nice European Fordor body. So here we are. A body with no chassi. My recipe is a daily driver street rod with a little bit of comfort.
    The Brewster Green on the picture is the vision.
    Hang on this trip..
    ATTACH=full]4669445[/ATTACH]
    IMG_1563.jpeg

Attached Files:

Stogy, AndersF, nunattax and 5 others like this.
  2. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

When i bought it. IMG_2358.jpeg

RMR&C, Stogy, kidcampbell71 and 3 others like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for sharing - good luck with projects progress

jimmysweden likes this.
  4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

That body looks great. Other side as good? So you're looking for a rolling frame? Engine?
    My Swedish is limited to the Sedin twins, Edler, Gradin and a few other former Vancouver Canucks but I'm a little confused with the distributor thing... you paid $350 for it? Wow, expensive in Sweden. And what did you trade for the sedan?

Good luck, I'll be watching with interest!

jimmysweden likes this.

5. brady1929

brady1929

Looking forward to the build. Good luck.

jimmysweden and nunattax like this.
  6. nice....thanks for posting

jimmysweden likes this.
  7. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Sorry. Little unclear about the distributor. Mag for flathead Ford like the one below..And about the chassi, it will be a part of the story.

1937-chevy-coupe-gasser-time-capsule-injected-flathead-ford-barn-fresh-t-10-4spd-12.jpg

8. Great job Jimmy ,

You have a fine looking project and a good looking shop .
    You have several old hot rods there looks like ,,,,And the Mag looks great !

You guys in Sweden have some really cool old cars ,,,keep up the good work .

Tommy

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    jimmysweden likes this.
  9. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

If you don't understand cut and glue in computer you can do it like this.. IMG_2343.jpeg

kidcampbell71, teach'm and Stovebolt like this.
  10. 47streetrodder

47streetrodder

Really Cool how all of us Hot Rodders around the world understand each other. Good idea about establishing a vision for "someday". The trick is staying true to that vision and not getting distracted by the latest fad. I usually develop a list of parts that I need and keep it in my wallet for quick reference when I'm at swap meets. I'll keep an eye out for your progress.

kidcampbell71 and jimmysweden like this.
  11. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Let's se how's the first to post pics of a ''Some day'' and some visions about it ready..

12. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

I saw this picture on internet and find my Fordor most be in this color. I know the car now but haven't seen any color code.. Very nice. So i start to mix the best i could. Tried on the hood and i'm satisfied. CDF93F48-9BC8-46F6-A6FF-9A96DA6BB6B3.jpeg 5554E3D7-CA17-4CD2-97DE-5CA970F2CF98.jpeg

13. Color Looks close to my F-1, Landrover Brooklands green

jimmysweden likes this.
  14. Sandgroper

Sandgroper

Very nice trade Jimmy :)

15. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

Some pictures under building not in order.. IMG_2275.jpeg IMG_2260.jpeg IMG_2242.jpeg IMG_2251.jpeg IMG_2250.jpeg IMG_2248.jpeg IMG_2243.jpeg IMG_2252.jpeg