Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch Buzzard King, May 1, 2020.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, after 15 years I think the HAMB is still kool. Always said this joint is a milk crate and cup of coffee short of a gennie bench race session in the shop. As to starting shit, sure that happens sometimes but so what. buzzking's right, at the end it doesn't matter and is best looked at for the fun of it all. Car guys usually have the thickest skin and those who don't really stand out...as targets!:D:D

2. Too many great comments to respond to all of them. You guys are awesome! :)

3. leon bee

leon bee

I still wanna know if you think he'd agree:

horensteinwaylonjennings.jpg

4. Been on here since 2004. Never gets old for me! :)

5. No more true song was EVER written. One of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Two of the best,, Biggest,,Professionals ever right there !
    One of my favorite songs for sure !
    A lot of wisdom in that song as well !

Tommy

mad mikey, Truckdoctor Andy and Thor1 like this.
  7. The Reaper

The Reaper
    from Visalia CA

Yeah, the hell with the ducktail, bring back the Mullet

Sent from my moto e5 plus using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Rand Man

Rand Man

I found this place around 2003. Made some good friends. I don’t post as much as I use to, but I’m on regularly.

kiwijeff, mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  9. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

We're NOT arguing! Now STOP it!

:)

kiwijeff, chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes I feel like a late arrival being here only 13 years.
    I never did understand the lifestyle thing with some rodders but saw a lot more of it when I went to Trog at Pismo Beach than you see here in the PNW. Once in a while around here you see an old car guy with the cigarettes rolled up in his T shirt sleeve and the rest of the garb that probably is the same as he has worn for the past sixty years but not to the degree that you see elsewhere. Not too much walking around at events in costume except for the pinup gals at certain events or the lowrider brigade that is trying to do the whole East EL A thing.
    I found the Hamb after a few years pretty much away from the car thing at all. I was totally burned out with the thing that everything I did or put on my 48 was "outdated" by the time I hit the next rod trot. Or at one time when I ordered in a set of wheels I had spotted at the Portland Roadster show very similar wheels started showing up on everything and mine weren't special anymore. Someone in a BC Canada group that I had joined and followed kept mentioning the HAMB and that is how I got here. All the sudden I was in a group that liked the hot rods and customs that I grew up liking in the 50's and 60's and one was rebuilding a car that I had taken photos of at shows in the 60's with my Brownie Holiday Fl;ash camera. A couple of my local friends who are seriously into early customs had a big influence too.
    Best part is that I don't have to continually change my ride to keep up with trends and having the "old" look is cool now rather than catching flack because you never updated it.

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember you, SBK.
    Definitely remember your screen name and avatar.
    Good to see you. Welcome back!

Quick story. 2008
    My initiation to the HAMB...
    Looked around here a little bit, read the rules, posted my introduction.
    Then I started a thread. I was so happy to find this place, I was going on about my FEELINGS about how cool hot rods and customs are and everything. I think it was the first reply to my thread... something along the lines of...
    "Oh...we don't need this feel good chicken-soup-for-the-soul bullshit."
    I was like...
    LOL
    But I didn't let it bother me too much.

Since then, I've been inspired, entertained and learned a whole lot more than I used to about hot rods and customs.
    And I have to admit... I think maybe I've actually learned some people skills, too.

Many here were pretty darn good to me when some major shit hit my fan. Had to deal with some things and wasn't around much for about 5 years. Got myself a little better settled and started posting again. Glad I did. It kind of felt like coming home. Or maybe more like I left the party, came back, and everybody was still partying!
    Excellent!
    And I was welcomed back.

I still talk too much.
    But they tolerate me.

Something special about the HAMB to make guys find their way back here even after major life events.

Glad you did, SBK.
    You want a beer... or somethin'?

kiwijeff, mad mikey, pitman and 5 others like this.
  12. Happy to read there are still lurkers.......that post every now and then........

kiwijeff, mad mikey and Rickybop like this.
  13. I remember that crowd. Where I live, it was the doctor/lawyer Harley riders who use to make my dad feel awful about his Shovelhead. Out of spite, he chromed everything. It's still the best looking bike I've ever seen. I still have it, too, now that he's gone. Beauty is in the eye of the builder.

You're awesome buddy! :)

14. mnjeff

mnjeff

“No, you can’t have my Bud Lite”.....

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Lurked here a little while before joining in 2010.

Picked up the pieces to start my RPU and started my build thread.

Decided to become an alliance member and made some good friends here along the way like Danny aka HRP and Tim Mcmaster aka mctim64, quite a few others too like Eric aka daddio211.

I went through some tough times with a couple of health issues and appreciated the support of friends here.

Since retiring recently I realize just how good life is and how much I continue to enjoy hanging out here.

That’s why I will continue to support Ryan with my alliance membership. Thanks Ryan.

Long live the HAMB :cool:

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  16. silent rick

silent rick

i have a photo of cole foster wearing a bra

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I might add you left Texas with a really bitchin' ride. Hope to see it someday at the Roundup.

mad mikey likes this.
  18. chubbie

chubbie

I do miss the old HAMB. I used to laugh my ass off!

19. trollst

trollst

I've always cut my own path, never followed trends, especially when I rode, always built stuff that I liked, built it the way I liked, using the stuff I liked. My 36 was flat black when the street rod craze was in full swing, bright colours and machined aluminum everywhere, mine was basic and pure hot rod. The cars I built for friends are hot rods, fast and never finished. Imagine my surprise, when I could barely turn on a computer, running across guys like me who built their own good stuff and answered questions with real old school knowledge, I felt right at home, and still do. You're good people, too bad we couldn't all get in the same room and disagree face to face, laugh face to face and get drunk together, (although I'm too old for that shit now), it would be a hoot. Ryan has done a good thing, I'll join the alliance today, become an official member.

20. That could be due to the early computer screens being highly reflective;)

Stogy, Budget36, Blue One and 3 others like this.
  21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14 years passed in March... where has it gone.

22. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Next month will be a year that I have been here on the HAMB. What I really like about this website is that its a "smorgasbord", a full buffet of a myriad of topics, and a lot of good useful information about all things automotive, hot rod and custom as well. Its also a unique community, globally and locally, with a lot of great personalities and quirkiness to choose from. Its like a one stop shopping " circus " that is open 24 hours a day, never boring, never dull, and free parking as well! I really enjoy being a contributor to the " FAS " Friday art show, there is always something that is unique to enjoy from a variety of talented people from around the world. Other websites I am a member of are no where near as entertaining as the HAMB !
    MISS BARDAHL (2).jpg

23. Movinman

Movinman

Jake's club is called the Misfires. They have been hosting the Groundhog Gala, one of the best traditional hot rod and custom shows in the state of Florida for the past 20 years.

chryslerfan55 likes this.