Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods repro Kidney Bean I.D.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, May 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Any guesses on the brand ?
    I know Circle Racing, Real Rodders and American Rebel repop the Halibrand style kidney bean, but I don't know the difference in the wheels. I'm thinking about taking a look at these and possibly buying if the size and price work. Screenshot_20200502-025506_Facebook.jpg

Thor1 likes this.
  2. tim troutman

tim troutman

I have a pair of circle racing wheels for rears. I am pretty sure they are 2 piece wheels welded & machined those look like the pair of fronts I am looking for . I think RR and American rebel are 1 piece cast. does anybody know if Circle Racing Wheels is still in business Web site is not working Have had trouble getting them on the phone. thinking of buying a single cheap I do not know if I can get a match

3. Those look narrower, that dish is really smooth out to the lips, I like the way they look.
    This guy doesn't know the width, says they are still bolted to the car, just trying to get some info together before making the drive to look at them.

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

If you look the OP pic, the kidney bean hole is further away from the bolt pattern mounting face in comparison to the 2nd post pic. I have a pair, but honestly don't remember the brand unless I dig the box out of the crawl space:eek:
    American Rebel link https://www.americanrebelmfg.com/blank-9 DSC09893.JPG

5. This is the Real Rodders wheel, it seems the valve stim location is the same on all of them.

Screenshot_20200502-132341_Chrome.jpg

6. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I have a new pair of American Rebel on my Comet, they are one piece and have “American Rebel” cast into the back of the wheel.
    D74183CD-42EE-41C3-A7C0-51BC8EE3DD02.jpeg

big duece and Thor1 like this.
  7. primed34

primed34

I think Wheel Vintique used to make a kidney bean style wheel.

bathcollector likes this.
  8. bathcollector

bathcollector

I think the Wheel Vintique ones are the wheels Don Waldron made a few sets of ? I bought a pair through CJ Pony Parts a few years ago, a nice wheel.