Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Took 50 years to finish grandpa’s Model A Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brossard, May 1, 2020.

1. Brossard

Brossard
    from Minnesota

My grandpa started this project back in the late 1960’s. It went through various engines, various configurations, sat for a long time and eventually went forgotten. Grandpa sold it to a close friend of his who promised to finish it. My grandpa didn’t live to see it completed. His friend passed away before he could complete it. My dad was able to contact the daughter of my grandpa’s friend and finally was able to see the project completed. Took 50 years to get it done. Here are the before and after pics.

7DD274EE-8AA0-4756-AB14-6B20D8083AE7.jpeg DA31A747-2E9C-479E-BD95-180895E23AC3.jpeg 0FFC924D-C68E-4A0F-98BD-97DC3BB80731.jpeg

2. Good on you for saving the memory of your Grandfather.

3. Dyce

Dyce

I like it that you are using the 31 grill shell. It looks great!

4. Sweet !
    Sometimes it is the journey and not the finish.
    The joy is in the doing.

5. Cool - enjoy it !

6. Brossard

Brossard
    from Minnesota

My grandpa worked on many, many, many cars throughout his life. I don't think he truly finished any of them! Always another project, always something else that caught his eye, he moved on to other things often. It's nice to see one finally finished! There's a model A coupe in the garage that used to be a pace car in the 50's, I really want to finish building it but my dad hasn't touched it for 30 years. Someday I hope I can talk him into working on it again.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best "grandpa" car, ever!
    I know it means a lot. That's great.

8. He had a lot of joy in his life.
    This is a good memorial of him for you.