Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1939/40 Chevy Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ranchy, Apr 30, 2020.

1. ranchy

ranchy

Hi all, could anyone help me out with some frame measurements for a 1939-40 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. I especially need the cross measurements for the cowl mounting points ( 2 bolts each side ) and any measurements forward of the cowl. Thanks in advance.

2. cshades

cshades
    from wi

what other measurements are you looking for? I have one of these trucks in the warehouse and some extra frames. I can measure whatever you need.

41rodderz likes this.
  3. ranchy

ranchy

That would be great, thank you. The frame has been cut in front of the firewall and peviously had a Camaro clip welded to it. What I need is the measurement center to center from one side to the other for the cowl mounting holes and the width of the frame at the front. The rest I can probably work out. Thanks for your help. Regards, Keith.

4. cshades

cshades
    from wi

the rails are 26 inches outside to outside at the very front. the front set of cowl mount holes are 29 1/2 inches center and the 2 rear cowl mount holes are 31 inches center. let me know if you need any thing else

5. ranchy

ranchy

Thank you so much....you're a legend! I've been searching everywhere on the net for days but couldn't find the measurements I needed. I really appreciate your help and will let you know if I need anything else. Regards, Keith.