Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hombre

Hombre

Got my days and nights completely messed up, going to bed at 12:00 noon and getting up at 8:00 PM been doing that for a week. Binged watched Bosch ( a cop show) on one of those pay channels watched 6 years in three nights or days or what ever they were. Finally this morning made it out to the shop and started some work on my 49 Ford Coupe, got the seats out and installed a set of 1964 GTO seats. Got the mounts made now on to paint and carpet of the floors.

62rebel likes this.
  2. Terrible80

Terrible80

j hansen, Hombre and RICH B like this.
  3. bamawildcat

bamawildcat

Been working on getting a rebuilt Carter to perform well on top of my Nailhead.

Hombre likes this.
  4. I also have one of those barefoot gas pedals and a smaller bare foot gas pedal.

LAROKE likes this.
  5. LAROKE

LAROKE

Is the smaller one a dimmer switch pedal?

lothiandon1940 and harley jim like this.
  6. Yes its a dimmer switch.

Hombre, harley jim and LAROKE like this.
  7. Great story, I'm working on just such a car right now. Figured that if every thing is closed or hard to get might as well pick a project that really doesn't matter much. Had the car sitting around for a kong time anny ways.

LAROKE likes this.
  8. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

Backing up to 1 hand of sunshine yesterday.
    Mowed front lawn.
    Tried to edge. String messed up.
    Fixed string.
    Tried to edge.
    String messed up worse. (Forgot to replace cap)
    Tried to fix. Getting too dark to see how to unwrap string from under spool.
    Carried 2 80# bags of hardened concrete from garage to street.
    1 bag not fully hardened. Busted in half.
    Carried clothesline-type straight post complete with concrete from very back corner of backyard to street. By the time I was beside the house I was wheezing "Huh!" every other step. Kept remembering my dad. (D-Day + 2 ; mortar gunner) (See 357th Infantry)
    Carried 2 sections of 2x4 mesh fence to street. From same corner.
    Filled broken bucket with junk from garage. To street.
    Applied layer of Dolphin Glaze over 1'x2' area of replaced Bondo on trunk lid.
    AM
    Put broken halves of concrete bags in box.
    Swept concrete into street/ scooped into box.
    Put unbroken bag in box.
    Folded/flattened fence sections.
    Fixed trimmer
    Edged fence, sidewalk, driveway, edge of garage, edge of house.
    Washed dad's car.
    Swept diveway/sidewalk
    Put grass in box
    To street
    Blocked Dolphin Glaze.

Sent from my "hot tub".

Hombre and Lil32 like this.
  9. ERguitar

ERguitar

Damn, I need a nap just reading all that.

Hombre, seb fontana, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  10. Nothing spectacular- today I started cleaning and polishing the chrome on my 63 Cadillac.

I'm using the virus-free-time to finally work on the 63 Cadillac that I bought 6 years ago here on the HAMB. Had big plans for it but never found time to do anything. Only thing I did over the years was putting it in and out of the garage, behind the house, in the barn of my wife's family farm, back in the garage.
    I started with removing all seats, panels, carpets from the car/trunk, cleaning the metal and painting with rust-primer. The car is mostly rust-free except some tiny holes in the driver's floor, but the interior/seats are quite neglected. By now I have cleaned everything but the door panels and the front seat. Also the electrics had some glitches and everything works now except the wipers (motor is dead).

DSC_0429.JPG IMG_20200430_210837178[1].jpg IMG_20200430_210857881[1].jpg IMG_20200430_210949293[1].jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    LAROKE, Hombre, David Gersic and 3 others like this.
  11. Finished up the headlights and installed them on my roadster today! New tags from Rick Bales:cool: IMG_6601.JPG
    Brackets worked out for these headlights as well. I made them so the bolt into original fender mounting brackets. Fenders are good for something. :rolleyes: IMG_6610.JPG
    IMG_6606.JPG IMG_6607.JPG I love the look!
    IMG_6609.JPG
    IMG_6616.JPG
    Headlights came a long way from when I bought them. Can't wait to try out the sealed beams.
    Thanks to tb33anda3rd for the paint job.:D
    [​IMG]

12. Test fitted the floor to the 56 wagon, need to do some trimming and fitting but so far so good. Got the
    frame in the shop out of the weather while the OSPHO cures.

. DSCF5081.JPG DSCF5082.JPG DSCF5083.JPG DSCF5084.JPG DSCF5085.JPG DSCF5086.JPG DSCF5087.JPG

LAROKE, Hombre and Lil32 like this.
  13. Budget36

Budget36

Watched it "live", near 40 years ago

14. Dang Dude thought I had it bad
    I did set about 60 of 188 landscape blocks. I get to do the rest tomorrow then maybe get back to the lawnmower saturday

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Hombre and Lil32 like this.
  15. Budget36

Budget36

I now have room to assemble an engine inside, I think my pecker grew an inch;)

seb fontana, 61Cruiser and harley jim like this.
  16. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I cleaned a little more stuff out of the garage. I found some 41 Ford business coupe interior window garnish frames up in the rafters. They have been there for over 40 years when I parted out a rusted out junk car, I had forgotten I even had them. Now all I got to do is get one of the grandsons to help me climb up and dig them out.

17. Sprayed some paint... 20200430_172844.jpg 20200430_172308.jpg

Hey moderator, you missed this one!

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    blowby, Desoto291Hemi, Hombre and 5 others like this.
  18. Desoto291Hemi and deathrowdave like this.
  19. Thank ya sir :D Back to the firehouse tmrw, cut and buff and slap it back on the truck Saturday, then on to the next one! :)

20. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

IMG_20200430_211340.jpg
    How did we get these unpaid, full-time jobs? At least we get to work from home. I found it helps to keep thinking "A lot of people pay to get this much exercise."
    Still blocking. A reflection on a dusty, 220 grit surface must mean something.
    (Definitely not "Metal showing")

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Didn't feel too well but managed to cut a Crosley block into eight pieces so I could check port wall thickness. Ports are weird; I wonder if they did any flow testing. Doubt it. I may have already mucked them up in the block I been doing unless later blocks have better shaped ports. Sigh.

Hombre likes this.
  22. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

New lights do change the overall look of the car, I like it. Never would have thought one headlight used that much wire, not that I'll ever have to worry about it. Bob

23. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

322 Buick in my "Zupanel". I hope it'll do a burnout. 20200430_172723.jpg 20200430_172406.jpg 20200430_172334.jpg

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tried to put people on the right path to properly obtaining legal paperwork for their vehicles.

I got badmouthed, and my state got trash-talked.

25. Hombre

Hombre

I just kinda hate this day and night reversed thing, but what with all that is going on I ask myself what difference does it make when you are up or asleep? So this morning which for me right now is 9:30PM i'm up and start making a list of what I want to get done today. Got the Hemi on the run in stand could finish that up and get it fired off. Or I could go ahead and redo that carpet project on the Shoebox. Still need to fab the motor mounts for the Hemi going into the model A , yea I could do that. Got those damn steps to make for my bass boat so that I can actually get out of the boat when it's on the trailer, it's a broke up leg thing. So my list is long, then I have a great idea and went fishing...

61Cruiser, Pinstriper40 and The37Kid like this.
  26. Hombre,,,,,you’ve got it on the test stand .
    What could possibly be more important ?

Light that thing off,,,,,,we need a nice video of it running extremely well also !

Tommy

61Cruiser and Hombre like this.
  27. LAROKE

LAROKE

28. ^^^^Great story, Laroke^^^... For sure, Dads didn't understand the concept of "cool" at times.:D;)

Hombre and LAROKE like this.
  29. Had a grand child visit! That's two days in a row. This time it was a surprise strawberry cake delivery. The family went out to pick strawberries recently, practicing proper social distancing, and baked a cake with their bounty. Sorry, no picks, they stayed in the car and the cake was quickly gone.

Hombre and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. Looking good Bob

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.