Register now to get rid of these ads!

What ever happened to the Winfield and/or P&J Mercury fiberglass molds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ranunculous, Aug 12, 2010.

1. I always get Jerry when I call and if he doesn't pic up someone calls him without ever trying to answer my questions. I would say that I am privileged but it is probably more of the 'beaner is a pain in the ass thing. LOL

upspirate and Tim like this.
  2. Gotta love the H.A.M.B. ... it's about the only automotive forum I know of where a question asked in August of 2010 will still be getting answered 7+ years later :D

3. LOL it used to bug me but now if I haven't answered before I just throw something out there. Too damned lazy to check dates I guess.

HEMI32 likes this.
  4. alchemy

alchemy

The P&J fiberglass Mercs are not the same company as Pete & Jakes.

36-3window, Moriarity, X38 and 3 others like this.
  5. @porknbeaner -

I actually love the fact that "zombie threads" get bumped on the H.A.M.B.

What used to bug me, was folks starting a new thread on a topic that has already been discussed and/or a question that has already been answered in 16 other threads on the H.A.M.B.

I say "used to bug me" as over the years, I've come to realize that most HAMBers don't know how to use the site's "Search" feature or that it even exists ... so they just start another new thread.

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

This is just pitiful

X38 and upspirate like this.
  7. Slopok

Slopok

If you read his profile even he knows he has done wrong!:eek:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That.
    Makes.
    Me.
    Want.
    To.
    VOMIT IN RAGE. Thank you.

upspirate likes this.
  9. upspirate

upspirate

After this post, I went and read his profile.I'm not taking back what I said, the car is ugly, (in my opinion) but being purpose built for a movie.....well that's kinda a different story I guess.
    Anyway, my wife always said (taken loosely from an old I love Lucy skit) if that's the kind of car he wanted to build, he sure built a good one!

10. rtp

rtp

Have used the search before . if you don't know the thread name or topic words can be hard to find. Then again new guys just don't understand we may have talked about stuff before they got here.

Sent from my VS987 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Gibbon made a 4-door to 2-door conversion kit.

12. deucemac

deucemac

Passed Gene's place today and his molds are piled up around one of his garages. I imagine if someone is interested he would be happy to unpile the molds and crank another body out. Give him a call and ask.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. That is correct. The fiberglass Merc's were P&J Automotive out of Danville, Virginia.

14. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Saw Gene at the GNRS Saturday - still talking, selling, signing & “living the dream”!!!

15. So, Fast Forward 2 years and here is an update - Very Important ...
    First off Gene is still living the dream. I visited with him at the Detroit Autorama this past Feb 28. He is moving a bit slower but still at it. The man is my hero, it was great to see him.
    While I can't speak to there being a fiberglass 50 Merc body at Winfield's place, it would not sur prise me. Some of you may know for sure from the pics...
    What I do know is that there are molds currently being used for complete car builds and they make a really great body.
    They are molds made by a close friend of Gene Winfield's - a man named Dean Arnold. He is the owner of Dino's Rod and Custom. Gene knows a lot about this car and has worked extensively with Dino on this project in the past. I believe Gene painted the two tone car in the pic below. Dino's Rod and Custom is taking orders now for the 50 merc which is made from a mold taken from the two tone car pictured. One of the first cars out of the mold is shown as the grey primed car.

IMG_20200420_230830_162.jpg IMG_20200420_230830_162.jpg View attachment 4665344

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2020
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. And here is a re-post of pics that allegedly are from Gene Windfield's place... True?
    DSCN2558-vi.jpg IMG_7524Raunchero13-vi.jpg IMG_7525Raunchero13-vi.jpg

17. To learn more about Dino's Rod and Custom look up Dinos Rod and Custom on Facebook.
    There is alot more to it than just the 50 Merc. The best Cobra style Daytona Coupes and Roadsters available, andmany other bodies. At Dino's we also do custom builds as well.

18. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i can tell you that red mold is at genes and a lot more molds. as i seen it at the last show at his place.

LOST ANGEL likes this.