Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1935 Ford coupe window regulator

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by luckylou, Apr 29, 2020.

1. luckylou

luckylou
    from canada

hi guys I'm going nuts trying to figure out why my window slides off the regulator, am I missing somthing? Can't get it to work at all I have all new door channels and new window channels .Thank you

Attached Files:

2. trollst

trollst

The slot in the regulator catches the pin on the bottom of the window glass, works like this, when the window is full up, the first half turn of the crank pulls the glass backward toward the rear of the car one inch, which gives you a draft. After that, the window slides straight down the tracks into the door. Roll it up, the opposite happens, the glass climbs inside the tracks till the top of the glass fits in the top fuzzy, leaving an inch open at the front. The last half turn of the crank moves the glass forward and closes up that inch. You'll have to bend the regulator the right amount to catch the pin, it'll fuck you up till by magic it'll work all of a sudden.

3. luckylou

luckylou
    from canada

The pin u are referring to that v tab on the channel?

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

never done a 35, but in 34 the pin threads into a hole in the channel. you get the track installed on the two rollers, then the pin goes in. its what pulls the window back from the vent position, and keeps the roller from running off the track. 10/32 screw with a bushing around it

5. luckylou

luckylou
    from canada

Awesome thank you so much

6. wandi harry

wandi harry