Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ever seen similar on early manifolds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turboroadster, Apr 28, 2020.

1. This early chevy manifold has some names stamped on the front. Assembly line stuff or later in its life?
    imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_1.jpg

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. jaracer

jaracer

Maybe it was for the Black Beauty that the Green Hornet drove.

turboroadster likes this.
  3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Someone was proud of their work. It's under the intake so that in case the car or engine is stolen, the builder can show the sheriff proof positive it's his.
    Used to be common to find parts with a guy's social security # engraved with an electric tool of some type.

loudbang and turboroadster like this.
  4. Its stamped right on front of thermostat housing, proud builders :)

loudbang likes this.

5. Not hardly....that would fall right thru the valley pan of that 440.........

turboroadster, loudbang and slayer like this.
  6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Remember, the Black Beauty was a 1965, still packing the 413.

Boden, slowmotion and loudbang like this.
  7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

What do you young Whippersnappers know about the Green Hornet and his Black Beauty? :D

The Original Black Beauty was based on a powerful car of the late ‘30s or ‘40s....I don’t think a make was ever mentioned...but I like to think Buick, Packard or even a Dusenberg....

Fact is, I didn’t even know there was a ‘modern’ Green Hornet/Black Beauty until I read this thread. I still listen to the original programs on SiruiusXM......;)

Ray

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    cfmvw, egads, turboroadster and 2 others like this.
  8. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I stamped “JUSTIN IS GAY” on a transmission crossmember once.

Boden, LAROKE, kidcampbell71 and 4 others like this.
  9. Budget36

Budget36

Did you put your contact info on it too? ;)

Boden, el Scotto, LAROKE and 4 others like this.
  10. brading

brading

Young Whippersnappers ah.That is a phrase that I have not heard in a long time and I thought it was just a word that they just used over here lol, even then I if I used it now I am sure I would get some strange looks. I have had old men call me that when I was a kid and I am in my seventies.

11. egads

egads

12. Back on topic..... I can make out the engine firing order, but not what is located between the carburetor mounts. Looks like a factory piece to me, that someone "personalized"

loudbang and egads like this.
  13. Its a factory 58-61 corvette . Guessing someone was proud of their build in the day.

guthriesmith and egads like this.
  14. I have an old Edelbrock C3BX manifold that someone did some similar “personalizing” that I wish wasn’t on it.

15. cfmvw

cfmvw

WLOB out of Portland Maine airs a lot of old radio shows on Sunday nights. These days they broadcast "When Radio Was" with Greg Bell ( which is pretty good except for the frequent and annoying commercials), but they used to just run the old shows uninterrupted. Jack Benny is my favorite (gotta love that old Maxwell!), along with some of the old detective shows of the day with the car chases and crashes.

16. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

There are dozens of streaming OTR programs on the 'net running 24/7, with no commercials.

Well except for the period commercials. They aren't too often or annoying. Chesterfield is "best for you" don't cha know. Pick up a couple cartons for the weekend!

17. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

turboroadster and egads like this.