Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbangtheory, Apr 23, 2020.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'm with Bigbang, nothing wrong with hiring someone to build your car. I busted my ass building hot rod chassis and selling parts and building cars for over 30 years before I could afford to have some else do some of my work. I still build the chassis for my cars but farm out the rest of the fabrication and finish work. Does that make me less of a builder? Come on down to my basement garage and I'll show you the history of over 30 cars I did most of the work on before I could afford to have someone else do it. That 3 window will be a bitchin ride when Henry gets it done.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow, you couldn't have started with a nicer body. Setting on a Steadfast chassis = winning combination! looking forward to following along on the build.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This is where the "it's too nice to hot rod it" guys should just check out and go over to the................fill in the blank restoration site.
    I will say the concept drawing borders on "cartoonish", hopefully the execution tones some of that down, most definitely in the right hands with Henry.

4. That was exactly my point. You have EARNED the right to do whatever you want. It's your money and your car. This bullshit about "he didn't build it, he doesn't deserve it" is just that, BULLSHIT. When you're at some show and some window licker makes the "didn't build/can't take pride" comment, ask them if they feel the same way about the house they bought/or had built. If they didn't build it from foundation to roof they can't take pride, or don't deserve to have that either.

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

lol. Thick skin alert, thick skin alert .:D

scotty t and Joel W like this.
  6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

At least ask the builder to let you put the last two screws in or tighten a bolt/ nut. :D

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

At least your not the type of owner that claims he did this, this and this and blowing smoke. Everyone that’s posted has their opinion wether good, bad or indifferent. Just like some posters get their dander up with zero idea of whose statement was made in what context. Enjoy your ride.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  8. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

You run like a girl and your momma dresses you funny. :p

At least you have a cool car. ;)

9. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

DDDenny, of coarse it looks "cartoonish," it's a cartoon drawing. Most cars don't look like their drawings at all (if they have them) because they aren't drivable. This one will resemble the drawing with the Steadfast stance.

47ragtop, willysguy and loudbang like this.
  10. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Nice job handling the ass hats. Well done.

I commend you for knowing your limits. Many get in over their heads and won't admit it until (if ever) the half done, messed up project goes to a new home and their dream dies. Some don't have the time, some don't have the skills, some don't have the tools or space to build a complete car. It takes a lot of all of those to be successful with a build. Knowing to stay within your limits is a skill in itself. An important one.

Congrats on getting your dream car started, enjoy the journey. Just went through this myself. It's worth the years of work saving to finance the build. Life is short, enjoy the ride!

SPark

fegsta, Bigbangtheory and loudbang like this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the stance, drivability of course has to be considered.
    I'm sure Henry will check both boxes.

12. 54reno

54reno

I'm guessing from most the replies here, that none these people are aware of who Henry is & his talents for building bad ass Hot Rods.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    willysguy and Bigbangtheory like this.
  13. alchemy

alchemy

The neat thing about Steadfast cars is the stance, and they drive them too. The guy just took his roadster to Florida over the winter (drove from Ohio) and had pics of them driving it on the beaches. His cars sit NICE and somehow seem to be very roadworthy.

14. That's an amazing 32 body! Lucky you!
    Keep the updates coming. Henry builds some amazing stuff.

15. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Jeem Smith artwork, Henry's talents on the build and chassis. Looking forward to your progress, and thanks for the updates!
    Should be one Bitchin' Coupe.

Bigbangtheory, alfin32 and loudbang like this.
  16. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

Very nice car, looks like you are off to a good start. If they don't have the Nats this year, you should have plenty of time before next season. You have picked a quality shop to get your work done. That 32 sedan that put them on the map is killer. Go by and take plenty of build pics for us.

loudbang likes this.
  17. prpmmp

prpmmp

0111201342a.jpg
    No!!This is a fiberglass streetrod!! Pete

18. When my buddy built a 34 3 window coupe it was fiberglass and to tick off guys he had Real Glass pinstriped on his deck lid.

loudbang likes this.
  19. rusty valley

rusty valley

mr prpmmp, thats a fine lookin hotrod you have there. you'll need some of those 20" wheels, some billet, and a pussy skin interior to get streetrod status.

loudbang likes this.
  20. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I truly don’t get the negative comments.

I’m looking forward at watching this one come together. Henry does some amazing work.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Bigbang, don't let the negative comments bother you at all. You never have to justify that you worked hard for 45 years to have your dream car. I don't care what the issue is you are always going to get some pompous ass to knock it somehow. Not a Ford original body... bla, bla, bla. Not a steel body, bla, bla, bla, not a flathead, bla, bla, bla, small block Chevy, bla, bla, bla. The bottom line is that you will be driving your car and they will still be bitching about something. Great car and have a ball with it!!!

22. brady1929

brady1929

^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^

dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  23. 51box

51box
    from MA

Very nice 3W! congratulations and look forward to the build @Bigbangtheory

24. Well said, Woodiewagon46 !!!

Bigbangtheory, loudbang and willysguy like this.
  25. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Amen, Brother!!!

26. TheBookman

TheBookman

That chassis is beautiful, can't wait to see her finished.

dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  27. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

While I believe the real deal vs re-pop has been previously clarified, I too thought the only way was a real Henry steel car but I'll admit in todays modern day city traffic more than once been overly nervous of tailgaters & such, my perspective has changed when a local totaled his well insured glass 32 3w; while it could possibly be rebuilt he felt why bother take the cash & build another & not feel bad that some rare Henry precious iron has been lost. That's a risk we real steel owners take, do your own way, risk or not it's to each his own !

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  28. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Good choice of builders, Henry's '32 roadster is an awesome car that he drives everywhere............keep you chin up and your skin thick!! Haters gonna Hate!

29. mickeyc

mickeyc

That will be a outstanding hotrod. At least you know and understand what is being done to your car and
    the significance of each task being performed.
    I do my own work by choice and also budget. I would
    be proud to drive your coupe. At a cruise night here
    a couple of years ago I asked a fellow about the V/6
    buick in a model A sedan he was rubbing with a cloth.
    He quickly told me I did not know what I was talking
    about. He informed me it was a Kenny Bell motor just
    like the valve covers stated and no part Buick. I just
    walked away.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  30. Bigbangtheory

Bigbangtheory
    BANNED
    from ohio

Not a whole lot new, chassis is out of the jig. Coming along.
    Resized_20200514_134545_7067.jpeg Resized_20200514_134554_8196.jpeg Resized_20200514_134608_5784.jpeg