Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chopped 1941 Ford Coupe in Oz

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andydodge, Apr 26, 2020.

1. I found these pics I took at an early Australian Street Rod Nats of a very rare, for Oz, a 1941 Ford Coupe........the only 1941 Fords sold here were a few 4dr sedans and 41 Ford Utes specifically made for the Army.......this car apparently came here via Hong Kong, then spent WW2 in Singapore where it was used as a Japanese Army Staff Car, so the story goes and was featured in issue #5, Winter 1968 of the Australian magazine, Custom Rodder......... how it got to Australia and where it was built in Tasmania, that triangular shaped island on the bottom of Australia is unknown but it seems to have disappeared since I took these pics in the early 1980's.........it does show that we did have some nice Customs here........and yep that blue car beside it is a chopped 49-51 Chev Ute..........andyd

Attached Files:

catdad49, midroad, Dago 88 and 3 others like this.
  2. rx4ord

rx4ord
    from Australia

Thanks for the pics Andy.
    Hope this creates some more info and maybe more pics.
    Tassie Dave

3. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

pretty sure the car ended up in Adelaide during the 90's, saw it around for a few years and disappeared again.

4. It was either that one or similar I saw at a run in the early 90's. It had Vic plates at the time. I have analogue photos.

5. We'll find it yet...............lol............andyd