Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 32 Steering Measurement Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Gee, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I need a base line number to start with then work from there. On an all stock 32 pick up (maybe car as well?) what is the measurement between the toe board of firewall (at notch for column to pass thru) to the under side of steering wheel. If giving from an installed floor board measurement I'm assuming the board is 3/4" thick? Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

3. town sedan

town sedan

This is not the first time I've looked at your question and am still not sure of the measurement your looking for. Of course I'm easily confused.

Is it the length of the steering shaft from where it enters the cab to where the back side of the wheel meets the column? Or, the height of the bottom of the column to the floor? Or...,

I've got a '32 roadster project in the garage I could put a tape measure to, but just not sure what to measure. My roadster has an original frame, box, column & wheel. The body is Brookville and the firewall United Pacific.

Just need to understand.
    -Dave

Johnny Gee likes this.
  4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Lol. What I'm after is from the interior of vehicle only. From floor to underside of steering wheel.
    I have nothing to go by and I'm to anal to place it by what feels best as a starting point.

town sedan likes this.

5. town sedan

town sedan

So basically the length of the column inside the vehicle to were it meets the wheel. Think I can do that. On mine the wood floor boards aren't there. I'll be back.
    -Dave

Johnny Gee likes this.
  6. town sedan

town sedan

From the interior side of the metal firewall to the engine side of the steering wheel.

My Starrett Precision Tape comes up with 28 & 7/16" of course this is like asking directions in the city. You should keep asking until you get two three people who agree. Good luck with it.
    -Dave

Johnny Gee likes this.
  7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thanks Dave

town sedan likes this.
  8. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Underside of steering wheel or the bottom of the steering wheel hub?

Johnny Gee likes this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Because dish of wheels vary measurement at steering wheel/hoop please.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020