Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Are you guys in a car club still having your monthly meetings ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...my club, The Tin Butchers had a meeting 2 weeks ago, were going to have one April 8th, but will be cancelling until further notice;...we may have to cancel our annual Scrap Drive event on June 13th this year;...time will tell but I don't see things getting that good by then...lots of shows cancelled/re-scheduled, and I think there will be more before it's over

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Congratulations on the 50 year milestone, most marriages don't last that long. HRP

mgtstumpy likes this.
  3. aircap

aircap

The Studebaker Drivers Club, Intl. is cancelling events right and left. The individual chapters are cancelling their meetings - many have no idea when they will meet again. I recently resigned from my chapter after 22 years for health reasons back in March, and they immediately cancelled all meetings until further notice.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i am wondering, if you know the people in your club, and they know they don't have the bug where is the harm? it seems there is no common sense anymore.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Our club is closing in on that 50th anniversary, just two more years. HRP

[​IMG]

6. A few of us in our group got together on Zoom this past Thursday and it worked well. We have another Zoom meeting planned for this coming Thursday with a few more likely to "attend". We can shoot the shit and drink a beer or two and not worry about infecting anyone or being infected. At this point in time being safe is how we can shorten the time we need to isolate ourselves.

Barn Hunter, Tim and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. With our members I don't see anything like the zoom thing happening, several of our members don't
    even own a computer so it looks like another month that I'll call and check on everyone. HRP

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Might have to be pen pals, that’s period correct right ?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. I've been using zoom app on my smartphone to meet with rodder friends on Wednesday evening. Our church is using it to meet on Sunday morning also.

Phil

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. nexxussian

nexxussian

We have not had a meeting since our "hunker in place" order came down. It has changed somewhat however recently and it looks as if we can have at least small outdoor gatherings, if we maintain social / personal distancing standards.

We have an event every Thursday evening where we meet, bs, then cruise to a restaurant (different restaurant each Thursday). No restaurants are open for dine in currently so we are going to attempt just the meet up part, with our cars, and people 6-10' apart.

Not sure how well that will work as many people haven't gotten their fair weather driver's out of hibernation, yet.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. I don't belong to a car club, but there is a group of men that I meet with once a year (unless circumstance dictates more often). We all belong to a club. I sent out a notice of postponement of the gathering last month. I got an astounding that is not happening, we are coming to your place this year and your town will just put up with it.

I think that we have had in many places a general order to not gather in groups greater than 10. I got an idea that it can be done even with larger CCs if you are smart about it. I probably would avoid kissing ands hugging though. :D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

The clubs that I belong to have switched to Zoom for their meetings. It is very easy to use and works with computer or smartphone. In fact, my OT car club had their meeting yesterday. The whole meeting went fine with a mostly older crowd. Some folks had to get help from family members, others couldn't figure out how to use some of the advanced features, but everyone who wanted managed to get on the meeting. The only limitation to the free program that I'm aware of is it's limited to 40 minutes. For what it's worth, I had my first "virtual" doctors visit on Friday for my routine physical. His office is closed and he expects it to remain closed for a while.

Barn Hunter and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. Lou, when the world gets back to normal I would like to invite you to visit our club for a meeting noew that you live in Anderson, we meet at Arnold's and that's where we had lunch when you were building your new home. HRP

The Magic Ratchet likes this.
  14. X2 on the ZOOM app. Works great.

HOTRODPRIMER and Barn Hunter like this.
  15. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Unless y’all are tested all bets are off, kinda like Dirty Harry “ Do you feel lucky Punk?”.......

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am locking this one. 3 reports on it this morning. we are trying to make this place somewhere to get away from all the problems caused by the virus

nochop, porknbeaner and town sedan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.