Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1964 Chevy Wagon Quarter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dyce, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Dyce

Dyce

Has anyone tried using a left 64 Chevy 4dr sedan quarter on a station wagon? I know there are obvious differences with the gas door, taillight and the top side but is the recess the same? I'm hoping someone with practical experience can tell me if it works.

2. Dyce

Dyce

3. raymay

raymay

Wagons are usually built on a 4dr platform. Depending on how much of the quarter you actually need it would appear that mostly the mid to lower section of the quarter looks similar in shape. Make sure you measure the total length. I know on the mid size Chevelle Wagons and ElCaminos the rear quarters are 3" longer past the rear wheel opening than the regular Sedan cars. Not sure if the full size cars did the same.

imp2.jpg imp1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Dyce likes this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

If you can't find a used wagon quarter, then that sedan quarter is the closest thing you're gonna find.

Dyce likes this.

5. Dyce

Dyce

Thanks Raymay that's why I am asking. It is a full size Biscayne wagon and I don't have the 2 cars (sedan/wagon) together to make the comparison.

6. Dyce

Dyce

That's what I thought too. Thanks squirrel!