Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hats Off to TRJ!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5window, Apr 23, 2020.

1. 5window

5window

I got this email in my mailbox tonight. Not only did the folks at TRJ go out of their way to get us our copies (after doing a dynamite job on the magazine), but they sent out a no-nonsense,no excuses explanation for the plain brown wrappers. That's stand up.

"All subscriber copies of TRJ #83 were mailed nearly two weeks ago, and we’re glad to hear that so many of you have received them. Even if you haven’t, you should be getting yours soon. Thus far, the response has been positive about the magazine and the poster, but we’ve been getting some questions about the brown paper envelope. So what’s the story there?

Right as the issue was leaving the printer, our longtime mailing house in the San Francisco Bay Area shut down due to COVID-19. Unfortunately, the white envelopes were already there, primed and ready to go. Rather than waiting for the mailing house to open its doors again to recover the envelopes, we located a different mailing house, shipped the magazines across the country, and got them sent out as soon as possible—even if that meant using a different envelope. These were the only envelopes that we were able to come up with in such short order.

The good news is that the majority of magazines and posters were handled with care by the United States Postal Service. We would like to thank subscribers who contacted us about any snags with the system. Thank you for your patience, for we are currently operating at limited capacity due to health and safety restrictions.

At this point, we have limited quantities of TRJ #83 remaining. Stay tuned, because we have more updates on the way. To help you pass the time, we’ve uploaded our next Free Feature of the Archives. Check it out below.

Cheers!
    Your Friends at The Rodder’s Journal "

Bill's Auto Works, Lil32 and Aeroman like this.
  2. Aeroman

Aeroman

Agree. Real stand up and professional.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lil32 likes this.
  3. Yep...great way to kill a couple of hours...

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I may go purchase another copy at Barnes & Noble and keep this issue of TRJ in the brown wrapper unopened, just because.

5. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I thought maybe the brown wrapper was to cover up naked women on the cover.:D

6. 5window likes this.