Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 41 chevy headliner install HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick bill, Apr 20, 2020.

1. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

im in need of some exp advice . just rcvd my pre sewn headliner for my 41 Chevrolet sd coupe . the bows are not the same as any of the later models I have done . 2 bows attach to roof supports . not on eithet side .I don't have a clue how it works . original looong gone . should be the same up to 48 and maybe near the same to 54 ? uph shop wants $800 so not a option . all help gota help !!

2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure how to help you! I have a 41 Chevy Coupe here with a headliner in (and I'm not about to tear it up, I trust you understand!) and I have the body book but don't know what that covers exactly! I guess I'll be not much help, unless you can be more specific. I'll go see if the book says much though.
    Chris

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

One end of the bow goes in a notch on the back side of the roof rail, the other goes in a bracket(clip) that screws into the roof rail. The stationary bows are held in by the little V prongs that bend over. Make a little slit in the bow listing so the material wiggles back and forth. Other wise a wrinkle will occur.