Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Need help with artwork.. PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lalos53Ford, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Hey guys and gals. I know this might sound dumb but I need some help from the talented class.. I have recently been hit with a traumatic stumble in my life. I had a leg amputated which has put a temporary stop to my car wrenching life amongst other things. While I'm on the healing side of things and looking forward to my prosthetic, the good news is that I can customize my new leg!! With artwork that is... I am far from being an artist and with this being my only time to do a sleeve type tattoo without being hit with needles is where I need some help. This brings me to my point, I would like someone to design me a sleeve type tattoo. I want old school design and attitude. Of course keep it clean with no nudes, no alcohol reference, or devil as I'll be wearing this around kids and to church..lol. I know it's a long shot but figured I'd ask since I know alot of you guys and know how cool y'all are. I'm willing to. Pay for your time and help. I do have some pics saved I can shoot your way as to my somewhat liking.. Anyone.. Let me know if you can help a guy out. I just want to make the best of my new disability. Thank you all and God Bless!!

Aaron

Sent from my VS996 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your leg situation.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Yes sorry as well , but I like your attitude and that is an inspiration. :) Good luck in the future with you and yours .

4. Good attitude, I can't help creatively but, would the prosthetic surface lend itself to a "wrap" similar to an automotive wrap? Much easier to change should you wish, less expensive than a replacement.
    Good Luck to you.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry, no help from me as an artist - can barely rattle can an engine block. But what about a hot rod pinstriper in your area? Most are talented artists in their own right and might enjoy working on a different canvas, so to speak.

chryslerfan55 and partssaloon like this.
  6. Irvan

Irvan

I'm not much help but think the wrap idea is a great one

7. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Thanks guys! The support I have received keeps me positive. This whole ordeal started by doing what I love which is working on cars. A tiny piece of metal about the size of an eyelash got in my foot and the rest is history. The prosthetic will be carbon fiber so a wrap would work. Just getting a design laid out is my issue.. I am the worst artist ever.. Here are some examples of what I'm looking for.. Just like a collage of vintage and what I love.. c59b22bd8ea0dc28b31560c50581772b.jpeg Hot-Rod-Pin-Up-Girl-And-Flames-Tattoos-On-Arm-1.jpeg 20190430_qGiCzc9fOH1qAX7.jpeg Power-By-PONTIAC-Wheel-Vintage-Hot-Rat-Rod.jpeg b68629c4d8c53425a69f39d36c8b117f.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

From some one who literally designs sleeves for a living my best advice is to find an artist you like. In this case an air brush artist or digital artist if you go with a wrap.

they will be able to design a layout that has good flow and proportion that works with their style and ideas far far better than you bringing them something to try and replicate.

I would instead bring them lots of photo reference like you’ve provided here in your post.

it’s what they do ;)

Good luck with the fancy new leg :)

9. nobby

nobby

hydro dipping
    control - c
    control - p

10. Latigo

Latigo

Check out the Pinterest site for design ideas. Search tattoo men’s sleeves. Then find yourself a local artist who does good work. Maybe even an independent sign shop for a wrap.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Most tattoo artists that I know here in Arkansas would gladly draw a design out for a fee on what ever surface you provide. I would go to a reputable tattoo place and ask if anyone wants to make a little extra money. I'm sure someone will really appreciate the work during this hard time.

All shops in our area are closed by the state right now. If you have a friend that knows a local tattoo artist then I would contact them now. If shops in your area are closed then they would most likely be very grateful for the work.

Most tattoo artists that I know are also very talented at any media. Especially one where the subject isn't moving!

Take care and keep us updated!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

arkiehotrods and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. I also agree with a previous statement. A good local sign shop would also be a good choice to try. I know that they would appreciate the opportunity as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

arkiehotrods and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Muttley

Muttley

'Hot Rod Race' by Robert Williams would be perfect.

hot-rod-race-1976.jpg!Large.jpg

Tman, j3harleys, Nicholas Coe and 2 others like this.
  14. dan31

dan31

I assume that your a btk amputee ( below the knee) as I am ( construction accident) . Do you know what type of prothetic leg you are getting?. If it's going to be a pin style you will have the entire outside of the carbon fiber to do art work on but if you go with a vacuum style prothetic ( that's what you want, way more comfortable) almost all of the carbon shell will be covered by the sealing sleeve. You could do art work on a leg cover that slips over the whole deal. Look up " Fred's legs" on the internet, they may even make custom stuff, not sure.Pm me if you want

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

look at indyautographics.com for possible assistance

16. olds vroom

olds vroom

Any progress on art? Any more pics of ideas of what your looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. olds vroom

olds vroom

What’s your favorite cars?

18. olds vroom

olds vroom

Any progress on this? would love to see what you came up with.

19. j3harleys

j3harleys

My favorite garage wall print.

LOST ANGEL and Muttley like this.
  20. Hellfish

Hellfish

If you want traditional tattoo style, then find a tattoo artist you like and contact them directly. I'm sure they would love to draw something for you, get paid, and not have to spend hours hunched over a body. They may be even have extra time given a lot of shops are still closed.

Tman likes this.