Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Yeah, Its got a Hemi/41 shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got to fit into my speedo!

fauj, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  2. I figured since it’s self serve you’d be talking to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^Like George Thorogood said, "You know when I drink alone, I prefer to be myself".

4. He also said he wanted one bourbon, one scotch and one beer.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  5. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Dont know how i missed this build thread, alot of nice work and cool ideas, now following..

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome aboard! I'll try to avoid any icebergs, full steam ahead

Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Is it possible we could skip the " pics or it didn't happen " mandate on this one ?

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, just this once.

loudbang, Stogy and Speedwrench like this.
  9. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

As for this...water?...you speak of, I've tried it. I found it to be a sobering experience and much over rated.

Reminds me of a line from W. C. Fields. " While on safari in Africa we were befallen of a terrible tragedy. Ran out of supplies and had to subsist on food and water for days. "

Atwater Mike, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  10. Lol,,,,,I was just reading that using my best WC Fields voice,,,hilarious !

Tommy

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmm, louvers. Fresh off Russ Meeks press and a pic off Instagram of him working on it. Like seeing a polaroid of Michelangelo with a chisel
    upload_2020-4-22_21-30-49.png
    ...and with a coat of black stuff.
    upload_2020-4-22_21-16-44.png
    They are cantered like I laid out and I love em! I got a dent or two to pound out that are quite apparent once the black spray out.
    upload_2020-4-22_21-18-39.png
    Here's that rocket ship layout
    upload_2020-4-22_21-19-50.png
    and I had Russ stamp the lower bed fillers, with the same slant...so to speak.
    upload_2020-4-22_21-23-9.png
    And one more artsy fartsy shot for fun
    upload_2020-4-22_21-24-28.png
    Now back to that start up...after some golf tomorrow. Hey, all work and no play makes Jack...shit I don't know Jack. I know I like to build cars, drink, golf and screw. My wife has a headache, the bars are closed and I'm out of car parts so golf it is..in Oregon where they still have some freedoms to enjoy. Damn, I really wish the bars were open!

12. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Looks great! Should run cool!

Bandit Billy, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Dang those look great! Didn’t notice how tight together he got them until I saw the bed fillers! Very cool

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big Thumbs Up to that Artwork From Designer to Craftsman...The Louvers play on the mind in a good way...Louvers in a Dangerous time...:confused:...wasn't there a song...:D

15. Man those louvers look great,,,,really nice work .

I think there is a museum over in Paris called the Louvre,,,,it must be dedicated to the ancient art of body work mods,,,,or to the art of punching holes and adding decorative cooling vents ?
    Not sure really . He he he,,,,,,just kidding you French guys !

It looks awesome Billy,,,,,it really adds to the cool factor of this build .

Tommy

16. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Those look great.

Bandit Billy and loudbang like this.
  17. loudbang

loudbang

Cool man daddy oh :)

Bandit Billy likes this.
  18. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Run cool? Who knows. Look cool? Hell ya!

They are tight. Not looking forward to the sanding but I'm glad I added them.

Not sure of the theme music but like Hannibal said in the A Team "I love it when a plan comes together".

I've been to that museo and I was disappointed, not a single louvered hood in the joint. Not even a hot rod for that matter. I did run out to Pere Lachaise Cemetery and pay my respects to Jim Morrison. No louvers there either but cool none the less. Break on through brother!

I agree fully and thank you

It will be a cool add. Now, if I can only make it run...

I am lucky to have a former AMBR winner's finger prints on my truck. Now to get Mitch Kim to stripe it.

Thanks buddy! I hope the sum of the pieces once assembled is worthy of such admiration. Your truck is one of the benchmarks I have in mind on this 41. I look forward to parking them along side each other soon. 6 feet apart...of course. :rolleyes:

20. Wow that hood looks good. Going to really set the truck off.

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Band-Aids are the key to survival!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  22. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

@Bandit Billy Thanks, man, for the complement. Glad you didn't look too closely at my truck :D

23. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, this is the first time in 86 cars I've built that I louvered anything. My wife wasn't big on the idea and neither was my painter but I thought it needed them. I was nervous but I am very happy I went for it. And so is my wife now that she saw the hood stamped.

And the doc took me off the blood thinners or else things could get nasty!

You are too modest and I am copying your brake light idea. Mine is a bit smaller and I haven't figured out how I want to mount it yet. I was thinking about maybe a wood and steel bed surround and mount the stop light in the front under the cab window recessed in the wood. Still in the planning phase. I like @Marty Strode 's idea and I don't want to copy it but build something like it in wrought iron and wood, think Timberline Lodge looking. Maybe not.

loudbang and Hotrodmyk like this.
  24. Nice, I know that nervous feeling, lol. When I redo my 33 pickup this winter, it needs a hood and going back and forth on a louvered top.

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I did the hood on the 34 (avatar) I was going to leave the hood sides off permanently, I mean why cover up a pruned 471 blown flathead? Louvers in the hood top seemed kinda of pointless, they aren't there to cool or ventilate so why? So I did without them and I think that was a good call. But I think the truck will benefit from the vents as well as the style.

loudbang, Stogy and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  26. Great Build! But also Great News! Even now, still gotta be careful! Believe me- I know!

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Note to self: The next time you decide to use an engine you know nothing about in your project, ask for advice before bolting the headers on and building the truck around it just to find out when you filled it with water that half of the header bolts are open to the water jacket! Even with the radiator drained I got soaked, glad it was only water. Turns out most of the bottom bolts are in the water jacket, the upper bolts are in the oil. The only laugh I got was thinking about the poor guy laying under his Desoto changing header gaskets not knowing about the Prestone shower he was about to receive. Made me smile...between swears.

On the bright side I managed to reach all 14 bolts, removed, sealed and installed all after I got home from work tonight. Water in the radiator - take 2 in the morning. Start up scheduled for Sunday.

28. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

^^^^^^^:eek:

loudbang likes this.
  29. ^^^^^^Note to self: Write that down and tape it to your engine!! Thanks!

loudbang likes this.