Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Where's TRJ #83?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

As usual I will probably be waiting until sometime in June to get my issue if it shows up at all.

Yes I’m a lifetime subscriber and I really like the TRJ, but living here in Canada waiting for these issues and having to ask for replacement issues because they don’t show up gets really old.

Just because I live in Canada. Oh well :(

Lil32 and K13 like this.
  2. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

Got mine today.

Lil32 likes this.
  3. 52lomofo

52lomofo

got mine at save on the other day

Lil32 likes this.
  4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine arrived today in Maryland. Cardboard envelope was separated/opened at the end. Magazine still in plastic wrapper but was crunched/wrinkled at the top. First time that's happened.

Lil32 likes this.
  5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I chose to be a lifetime subscriber to help ensure that TRJ would survive as the superior publication that it is.

Part of that support will allow you to go down to the store and get an issue off the magazine rack, which you couldn’t do if TRJ was out of business and no longer publishing.

You’re welcome.

Old-Soul, KoolKat-57 and Lil32 like this.
  6. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

It's always a great day when the Journal shows up.

Lil32 likes this.
  7. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Lil32 likes this.
  8. Mac VP

Mac VP

Ours arrived yesterday. Well packed and in a sealed plastic bag inside the cardboard outer packaging. We learned some time ago to put our books in a plastic bag too. One guy received his book order and said that the outer carton had been water logged but his book was dry. Who knows what happens to shipments enroute sometimes but he and we were both glad it survived inside. Nice to see that the TRJ people think the same way.

9. greenon61

greenon61
    from Dayton

Mine arrived Tuesday and was well worth the wait. As someone else stated, mine arrived with the plain brown cardboard envelope torn on the edge, but the Journal didn't suffer any damage. Steve may want to check out the supplier of the "Plain Brown Wrapper"

Lil32 likes this.
  10. Mine just showed up... nice sunny day and in the 50’s...beat the last 2 days of snow...gonna sit on the porch, do some reading , and forget about all the BS for awhile...
    No issues with how mine was packed....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Lil32, lothiandon1940 and town sedan like this.
  11. Got mine Tuesday. Great issue; thanks!
    FWIW:
    Printing looks to have improved back to the old standard.
    Now if TRJ will please go back to the old, almost bulletproof, white cardboard envelop. The USPS needs all the help that they can get. The new grey one won't survive long.

Lil32, lothiandon1940 and town sedan like this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

arrived today, Sat, Sacramento, CA area - worth the wait

Lil32 likes this.
  13. Mine showed up yesterday afternoon at Brenda's shop after she left, she found it when she went to feed the bird and saw it hanging on the mail box this morning, I'm glad it did rain last night. HRP

Lil32 and Blue One like this.
  14. 270283

Nothing here yet. Still haven't gotten the latest Hot Rod yet either.

Lil32 likes this.
  15. 5window

5window

Got mine yesterday. Currently in 24 hour mail quarantine, but looking forward to reading it. Thanks,TRJ for the extra efforts.

Lil32 likes this.
  16. lowrd

lowrd

Mine showed up the 18th, all looked well on the outside and even better inside. May be stuck at home, but now all is good.

Lil32 likes this.
  17. Mine packed great! Loved the bonus poster! Buddy a flathead guy and I'm giving to him for wall art in his garage!

Lil32 likes this.
  18. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy day - got mine on the 18th!

Lil32 likes this.
  19. Binkman

Binkman

It is always worth the wait and your efforts are appreciated.
    During this time it is great to be able to read something non political, non virus related, and so well produced.
    Thank you !
    -Dennis

Lil32 and Finn Jensen like this.
  20. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen!

Lil32 likes this.
  21. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Got Mine Last Thursday the 16th, outer mailer is of a Brown Cardboard where as the others were a coated gloss white. I had read that all the White mailers were shipped to California by mistake. Anyway there was no Damage to anything inside. Always a very very good day when one arrives! Also what Binkman said !

Lil32 and town sedan like this.
  22. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Lil32 likes this.
  23. showed up Friday ! woo hoo !

Lil32 likes this.
  24. cfmvw

cfmvw

That reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes story arc about his experience with getting a Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs propeller beanie...

5window and Lil32 like this.
  25. posted on the other Rodders Journal thread,,...I got my envelope today, nothing inside, stamped by P.O. "delivered without contents".....I've notified Rodders Journal , they will make it right.
    I think they need to go back to the white cardboard envelopes,..never had one problem with those. I'm really surprised I got the envelope.
    rodders journal #83.jpg rodders journal #83 005.jpg rodders journal #83 004.jpg rodders journal #83 003.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    Lil32 likes this.
  26. 270283

Mine arrived today in good shape.

town sedan and Lil32 like this.
  27. cfmvw

cfmvw

UPS once delivered an empty box to my house. Naturally, they accepted no responsibility for it. I'd really like to see their lost and found department...

Lil32 likes this.
  28. 5window

5window

My copy was fine in the envelope, but had like a paper clip sized impression on the cover. No big deal, happy to have it. Given the situation, I'm happy also to have my copy in any color envelope TRJ can send it in. The white ones were a bit stronger, but also more chemicals are involved to process white paper. Given that our shippers process billions of pieces of "mail" daily, a small percentage -which still means lots- will be damaged. If it's your personal copy, that sucks, but on the whole I think it is pretty amazing how it works.

29. Uncle Ronn

Uncle Ronn
    from Modesto CA

Got mine yesterday and was thinking prior to receiving that this might be the end of print for me.

I leafed through this issue and for me personally it checks all the boxes....I'ts a Great Issue!

I know some folks have had some problems, I did too! but they were easily rectified with a simple phone call.

I think with patience you won't be disappointed.

J.Ukrop and Lil32 like this.
  30. coupe guy

coupe guy

I haven't received my TRJ #83 yet, I live in Illinois.