Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs cruzin these days

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Coast, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Rick Coast

Rick Coast

Out cruzin around neighbor hood.So weird with very few cars out there. Yes ,keeping long distance from everyone. I saw a couple smiles on people.Everyone needs to smile these days.

2. ...drove my old Ford about 70 miles yesterday,...lot's of thumbs up...just gotta get out of the house sometimes,...
    48 ride 4-18-20 005.jpg

3. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

We put about 50 miles on the old beater truck yesterday too. Windier than shit, so they weren’t fast miles, but nice to get out and about. No pics, but it happened.

4. trey32

trey32

Gas is a buck, so burn accordingly...

40ragtopdown, loudbang and scotty t like this.

5. yeah, windy as H here also, that took a bit of the fun away, but still better than sittin at home....I hate windy days.

40ragtopdown, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  6. mark latham

mark latham

Took my wife to the grocery store today, got to the main road and took a left, she said "the stores to the right", I said "We're taking the long way."

7. gene-koning

gene-koning

I just got the car update mostly completed on Thursday. The wife and I both had commitments on Sat, but we did 120 miles this afternoon. Its pretty strange to see the 3 or 4 State Parks closed around here.
    I don't have pictures from our cruise, but I do have before and after pictures of the car...
    My avtar picture was taken in 2016, it shouldn't be hard to determine which pictures are the current pictures. Gene

Attached Files:

8. junkers72

junkers72

Looks like that ford rear window worked out for you. Cool

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

THE ROADS AROUND HERE R EMPTY COMPARED TO WHAT THEY BEFORE THIS SHIT HAPPENED

31hotrodguy likes this.
  10. The wife and I took the long way to the grocery store and then stopped to pick up take out yesterday.. like others have said, lots of waves and thumbs up.
    Chappy

40ragtopdown and guthriesmith like this.
  11. Someone posted that there was a kid in our town who was sad because the lockdown had cancelled her birthday party. So her mom put the word out that she was going to sit the kids in the front yard and would we please drive by and wave and honk. I had the only hot rod, but there was a pretty big turn out. The A Town cops and fire trucks were there. It felt great to take the Model A out and make a kid feel good, too. That's been cruising' for me this Spring, so far. It looks like we'll be on lockdown until Summer, at least, so we have to improvise where we can.

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I took a drive yesterday... to the golf course. Broadmoor GC is over by PDX and I snapped this picture of a closed runway turned parking lot. They aint cruzin anytime soon. Shot an 82 and went home and worked on the truck all evening trying to get it ready for a start up this week.
    upload_2020-4-20_13-38-16.png

mark latham likes this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^ boy, guess that you really do not like OT cars if had to shoot a '82 - Ha!

40ragtopdown and mark latham like this.
  14. gene-koning

gene-koning

That Ford rear window fit like it belonged there. The slightly angled 2 pieces of flat glass with the gentle approach from the body to the glass looks so much nicer then abrupt edges and sharp curves Plymouth used to install the one piece flat glass.
    Now, if I could only get an affordable garnish molding to hold the rear glass up where it belongs, things would be great. Gene

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Was talking to a coworker in Fontana California today and asked him about the racetrack there and races cancelled etc..

He said the entire racetrack / infield / parking lot looks like a Auto dealership took it over.

Actually what it is - since no one is traveling - it's filled with thousands and thousands of Rental Car Company cars as far away as LAX - with no where to put all the excess cars, the rental car companies are finding and using any large facilities they can to store cars during this health issue / restrictive business time.

Race Tracks - Old Airports, Old closed Malls - anywhere with big chunks of land to park / store Rental cars.

Crazy times.

16. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I go for a drive every day. Not going to work gives me a ton of free time. SoCal is full of places to go and still keep our social distancing.
    Most of us are still practicing safety from the virus. Screw the ones who aren't. You're safe in your car.
    We can drive by the beaches, we just can't go on them. Some of the mountain towns are closed off to tourists so driving to the mountains is missed by me.
    The desert is a nice drive for a change of scenery or lack there of. Depending on where you go in the desert. Our parks are closed.
    Of course, living in SoCal, Inland Empire, we can drive 40 minutes in either direction and be at someplace cool.
    We can even go to the airport and watch the planes land and take off or go to the submarine races...
    I guess what I'm saying is, If you're getting antsy, go for a drive. Make it a fun day for yourself and family. Pack a lunch. Pack drinks. Pack snacks.
    Just be safe about it.

mark latham and 40ragtopdown like this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wife and I feel the same Dave. I would have liked to head to the mountains with all the snow but we were leery of being told to go back. Figured Big Bear Village would have a MickeyD’s or something open then drive down the back side.
    Might head to Gorman after this weekend and see the hills covered in flowers..
    Being by HB I drive the coast on Saturday mornings after my Donut Derelicts stop. Nice with no traffic.

40ragtopdown likes this.
  18. 4tford

4tford

Both of mine went from the barn to the drive and I washed them then back in the barn. I haven't turned on the full coverage insurance yet until this virus issue is resolved.

19. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Went out and toured the Fraser Valley. We are blessed.
    MVIMG_20200412_144354a.jpg MVIMG_20200412_144757a.jpg