Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What inspired your online name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by in the weeds, Apr 15, 2020.

1. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Fought a hobo for it.

Lepus, wraymen, hotrodjack33 and 6 others like this.
  2. Cleveland Coupe

Cleveland Coupe

351 Cleveland in my Model A Coupe

3. CobraJoe

CobraJoe

I cut my teeth on 351C's , still my favorite motor of all time. (especially when you raise the exhaust port)

loudbang, 1Nimrod, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  4. Not quite sure.....
    upload_2020-4-18_18-57-55.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-18_18-58-24.jpeg upload_2020-4-18_19-0-4.jpeg

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Got my 51 in 1996. Put her together in her first incarnation and took her to back to the 50's and a young guy maybe 19 or 20 was checking it out and turned to me and said that is One Bad 51 Merc! She has been going through a second incarnation now for 15 years, hopefully when she's finished she will still live up to her name! Larry

6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

My parents, a little over 69 years ago..!
    Always wondered about the cute names that some use..!?

Mike

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and CobraJoe like this.
  7. Cold Canuck

Cold Canuck
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's 31 degrees F. (-1 Celcius) right now here in northeastern Alberta, Canada. This afternoon I got a neighbor's tractor to clear out three feet of drifted snow in front of my acreage shop so I could start spring cleaning. Basically six months of winter here (mid October to mid April) and two months of every other season. Hence the name...Cold Canuck.

8. ..............Sorry, I wish you all the best and you must indeed be a hardy soul, but there's no way that I could live there..........Don.:)

9. Cymru,,,, As a matter of interest,how is this pronounced?

41 GMC K-18 and loudbang like this.
  10. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welsh is like Polish, you don't have to know how to spell it, you just have to know how to say it;)

pitman, warbird1, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  12. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

....and your Momma taught you never to lie;)

13. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Mine was from my Dad, Soon after World War 2 he got a job at the East Jordan Iron Works and part of his job was driving an old Model T dump truck that was used to dump slag a by product of the iron and steel production. The guys joked and called him "Hot Rod Harry" and painted that on the door of the Model T. I have a custom license plate made for his pickup. After he passed, I became a member of HAMB and borrowed his namesake and added the number 2.

j-jock, Lepus, s55mercury66 and 11 others like this.
  14. Callmaker

Callmaker

15. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Occupation....

j-jock, s55mercury66, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  16. Legal name is Christy Mark Crow,,, Crow Indian,, live in Aridzona,, friends with the Old Crow Speed Shop,, ( Hi Bobby and Carol ),,,,,my road rig, "The Bred Truck",,, favorite hide out, Alamo, Nev. that just about gets it,,, most people at the Salt... and Elmo,,, just call me "Crow",,,, as I would tell them,,, "just call me Crow, not late for dinner, or collect, or Christy ( Boy named "Sue" dis order ! )) or, when they say,,, "You don't look Indian" my answer,,, buy me a fifth of Jack and I'll show you all the Indian you'll want to see ! ( no so much now that I am older ),,,When they ask, " how did you get the name, Crow?" ,,my answer, "My Momma gave it to me !" seems to me, that about covers it ! Crow.

1Nimrod, j-jock, Lepus and 14 others like this.
  17. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

A lot of machines are made, or were made in your state. We went to see one of the largest front shovel machines ever made ,near Pittsburgh, Kansas a while back. They also had a little crane there, it was a “ Lorane” . My wife thought it was neat as that is her name! It was built in that city, right on the lake.
    It’s a shame that all those big factories that made the big machines are closed now. I alway had a thing for heavy equipment!

Bones

18. SORRY!:D

19. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

I've got A's and V8s one of which is a nailhead...they're all in parts in storage :rolleyes: so maybe I should've gone with '57Dudeski or something;)...the avatar is Alfred E. Neuman the mascot of a comic I loved as a kid Mad magazine...his tag line "what, me worry? is actually my basic philosophy along with Fuggedaboudit...
    http://therussler.tripod.com/qq/neumanisms.html

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  20. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Mines simple, I'm an old bald fat bastard and I built a HAMB rail a few years ago

1Nimrod, j-jock, Lepus and 8 others like this.
  21. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Read the lyrics to the Eagles song Ol’55 in probably Hot Rod magazine. Iirc it was a two page spread with a picture of a ‘55 alone on the highway at sunrise. Since I had a ‘55, the rest is history.

22. Back in the 80's, when I built my roadster, my good friend Gary Freeman, had "HOTROD" on his track roadster. He wouldn't give it up, but since I had a '31 A, he suggested" HotrodA ". Back then you could just call a gal in Nashville and see if your choice was available, and order it.

He died several years later, and I kept it on until I sold the car last summer. (1987-2019).
    Rest in Peace, Gary! You were a great friend and encourager.

23. A- I'm shifty.
    B- I've owned dozens of manual trans vehicles.
    C- I can cut a good light at the strip.
    D- I sell new and refurbished, survivor shift knobs.
    E- I can make a shift knob out of just about damn near anything.

DSCN1736.JPG

24. boutlaw

boutlaw

Because my name is Brad Outlaw, spelled backwards is Waltuo Darb, and I figured no one would understand.

25. wheelguy

wheelguy

I guess you have already guessed it ! I'll be 75 this Thursday and have had a wheel fetish since about 1957. I bought americans, Halibrands, ETs, etc., what ever I liked and eventually started reselling and trading some of them. I've probably sold a few hundred over the years (certainly NOT always making any money on them). Its NOT a business, its a passion. Anyway when I finally got into the computer world (late in life) I needed a moniker or avatar name so WHEELGUY is what I came up with. 100_2352.JPG 100_1881 (1).JPG 100_1879 (1).JPG D  SPOKES 004.JPG D  SPOKES 007.JPG

Attached Files:

The37Kid, 1Nimrod, j-jock and 11 others like this.
  26. Hombre

Hombre

With an EOD crab , I would think so!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  27. derbydad276

derbydad276

I had been away from cars for a few years while the kids were growing up ..
    my daughter was using derby girl 276 her car number as a email
    I picked it up
    meandsam.jpg

1Nimrod, 41 GMC K-18, Lil32 and 11 others like this.
  28. Hardest, toughest wood in my forest. Also bears fruit that is pretty much useless. My dad made bows of "hedge," I've made hundreds of fenceposts and walking sticks, and thousands of logs of firewood that kept me warm for decades, so highly useful wood and dear to my heart. Have yet to figure out how I might use some in my hotrod, though.

1Nimrod, j-jock, 41 GMC K-18 and 5 others like this.