Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Kudos to Summit Racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by donsz, Apr 17, 2020.

1. donsz

donsz

I'm guessing most everyone's experience with Summit Racing has been good. I recently purchased a product form them (plug wires) that the product was just messed up: missing wires, non-matching ends). Once they received my review, they politely offered a refund or replacement product. I thought that was very considerate and responsive. This is the first time I ever had a problem with a product from them. We hear so many times of mistreatment by sellers and vendors, it's good to give credit and recognition to a good one.
    don

Muttley, Deuces, Just Gary and 6 others like this.
  2. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I like dealing with them.
    Order today and it’s here tomorrow
    I’ve had a boo boo here and there and they were always good about it

Deuces and scotty t like this.
  3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I prefer there website over Jegs.

4. I've always had good service from the "big three": Summit, Jegs,and Speedway...

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Never bought off Jegs but I noticed sometimes they are a few dollars cheaper then summit for the same thing.

6. Hell I wouldn't be able to get my cars on the road without speedway. I've read a bunch of bad stuff on here about them, but I've never had an issue with the parts, service, shipping, anything. But then again i was always told that you can do a great job a million times and nobody ever hears about it, one bad job and everybody knows.

Sky Six, foolthrottle and scotty t like this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

"new" plug wires., and other stuff, have been discussed here before - people buy new plug wires, and put old ones in box and return to store - returns/exchanges do not get much attention at store - just keep customer happy

Truck64 likes this.
  8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use Summit all of the time. They are my "go to" source for parts and equipment. Their return policy is great and easy to use. I've returned several items for various reasons and never had one declined. I can almost always count on having product with free shipping (100 dollars or more) in 2 or 3 days. Their website is best in class. It would take a lot for me to change.

Muttley, Deuces, impala4speed and 2 others like this.
  9. mark latham

mark latham

Summit and Speedway are my go to for parts although we have a local speed shop, Speed Unlimited, that will match Summits price so I will buy from them if they have it in stock.

partssaloon likes this.
  10. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

I've had good service from the three companies mentioned, especially Speedway. Years ago there was a large company that would fill orders incorrectly assuming that the parts were being ordered by some daydreamer that would never get around to finishing his project, kind of like the hundreds of unfinished kit cars, and the guy would find the mistakes years later. I ordered parts for a 360 mopar from one big warehouse company and got piston rings for a diesel truck, a water pump for a ford 260 etc. I sent the whole mess back and contacted the credit card company

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I ordered a "U-weld" exhaust kit from them yesterday, for the DeSoto wagon project, and wanted long stainless "Thrush" mufflers. I had my shopping cart full with the exception of the mufflers, they had no part number, the catalogue indicated I had to call to order the length and pipe size I needed. So, with my order up on my screen, and the catalogue open to the page with the mufflers, I called. The person taking my order said, when I gave the part number for aluminized pipe set, "You can get stainless pipe for $229, would you rather have that over the aluminized?" The catalogue price for SS is $339, aluminized was $199. I said, "Yes, yes I would." Scream'n deal, and it'll all be here today!

Deuces, cfmvw and rockable like this.
  12. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I ordered 3 sets of small brake line adapters, ordered last Saturday,shipped Monday and still waiting for order.

I guess they must have shipped it the cheapest, slowest method they could find.

This is the second order in 3 weeks and the first 1 took 4 days.

Ordered from Speedway the same day I made the first order from summit and I received the Speedway order in 2 days.

Yes parts were in stock and shipped in 24 hrs. So I did this order to see if the first orders slow speed was just a fluke, guess not.

13. I've been getting some stuff from Ebay lately. Parts are half the price of the big three with fast, free shipping. So far the quality has been good... I guess they need to compete with the big companies like Amazon and Walmart!

14. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Summit is as good as a business can be, in my opinion. I have been buying from them for about 18-20 years now and only had two bad parts. One was a TCI TH350 transmission that gave up after 1200 miles ( sprag broke). They shipped me a new one after I had sent them a photo of the debris in the oilpan and asked me to put the bad transmission in the box and take it to the next airport. With me sitting here in Southern Germany they could easily just have shrugged their shoulders and said " sorry, but.." ..and there would have been nothing I could have done if they had let me down. I had to pay zero $ and they took care of me perfectly.

The second part was a new tri5 idler arm the came with a bad bushing ( pressed in at an angle). I also sent them a photo and a few days later I had a new part.
    That said, after at least 50k in parts spent with summit over all those years I guess they know what they are doing.

But honestly I´ve also been very well treated by CarsInc, Harmon´s Chevy ,Jegs, speedway, rockauto and many, many other American companies. The only place lately I have not been happy with qualitywise is Eckler´s/ M;acs. Bad rubber parts ( 40 Ford bumper bracket rubbers )and worn out window regulators ( 52 Chevy truck) after 4 weeks of use.... I had to weld and file the teeth on the gears because they were already worn off... yes , these are cheep parts, but I´d rather pay more and have better quailty.

My hat´s off to summit.

Gasser 57, rockable and Muttley like this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey Billy, you experienced something I learned about Summit on several occasions.

If you do phone in orders they will often give you a better price than what you see online.

Recently I called to ask about the online price for a set of 42 Ford style caps for my Wheel Vintiques Gennie wheels.

The online price was $60 each. :eek:
    I said wow, I can’t remember them being that much when I last looked them up.

He replied that he could send me 4 for $34 each.

Same caps Same WV part number. :cool:
    I said ship them out :cool::D

cfmvw likes this.
  16. I have been a Summit customer since 1978. Back then they were still in the the small building on Gilchrist rd in Akron! They have been getting 10k or more from me every year since! Some folks may not know that they also price match. I am also lucky enough to order one day & get it the next as long as it is in stock @ the Tallmadge location.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

Muttley likes this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When my order comes from Reno/Sparks I can get it the next day. I’ve an order in right now and it all in Ohio. It’s all “ready for pickup” after 2 days I still don’t have tracking. Just the luck of the draw.

18. atch

atch

I've ordered many times over the years from Summit; from small parts to a crate engine. I've never had a bad experience with them. Every order has arrived in a timely manner and every part was as advertised.

One thing I have never done is order less than $100 at a time, so I've never paid shipping on anything from them.

19. Love Summit. If I order by 9:00PM order usually at my door by next morning. Only iffy experience ever with them was an OT power brake booster for my ‘71 vette. Back ordered from the factory and took two months. No other supplier could have done better

20. 31 5w

31 5w

Have used Summit for yrs. w/ good service. Last purchase was Jan. this yr. ordered a Summit 500 cfm carb for the '57 Fairlane, got here in good time. Fuel line would not stop dropping where screwed into carb .Called customer service, no answer, left message. No response, called back again, same thing. Called person I bought from @ Summit left message, still no return call. Ended up going to local speed shop and bought new line/fitting from them, worked great. Even left poor review on Summit website, still nothing! think the service after sale has taken back burner at-least for me.

21. triumph 1

triumph 1

I have been buying parts from summit racing since ‘87
    & always receive my parts quickly with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.