Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Social distance drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PIECRUST&RUST, Apr 10, 2020.

1. gene-koning

gene-koning

The suggested social distance is 6' apart. If I go for a ride, should I get out, I'll stay 6' away from anyone except my wife. We will do the hand wash thing, and stay away from people that are coughing. We have been on the "stay at home" thing since mid March and my wife and I have been pretty good (she is a high risk). If we have the virus, we have had it a long time, its no longer contagious. There has been less then 10 cases in our county since the beginning.

When I get my car road ready, we are going for a ride. If some cop pulls me over for driving around, I stand a better chance of getting the virus from him then he ever does getting it from me. Gene

Stogy, Hombre and guthriesmith like this.
  2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Went for multiple cruises this weekend now that the roads are finally decent enough to cruise and the weather is half ass spring time warm. This weekend coming up is supposed to be nice too so more driving to come. Can't do anything else so why the hell not drive the car!! Do some reading up on how Sweden is handling this whole deal... if only ;)
    IMG_2148.jpg IMG_2150.jpg

Stogy, alfin32, Hombre and 5 others like this.
  3. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Yes that's still some snow patches on the hill in the first pic...We Canadians are a hearty breed...:cool:

Hombre and Deuces like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

Damn!.... :confused:

5. dutchrod

dutchrod

Made a social distance drive with my son , good for positive thoughts in this strange times.

IMG_4306.jpeg

Stogy, alfin32, Ranchero59 and 4 others like this.
  6. The cops by me must be taking the SD thing to an extreme... I almost never see one around. One person in a car now and then, but nobody pulled over. I had the Ford out on Sunday for a long drive, down to the ocean and back. I saw loads of other cars out, I guess people get bored and go for a ride.

Hombre and MO_JUNK like this.
  7. Gman0046

Gman0046

We had the Poncho out for a two hour drive. Amazing how our spirits were lifted by just getting out.

MO_JUNK likes this.
  8. I drove by the police station the other day, and from the bridge you can get a clear shot of the police parking lot. There are normally 15 or 20 cruisers in there at any given time, but this time there were probably over a hundred. Had no idea we had so many. (they're all Fords.)

Hombre likes this.
  9. olds vroom

olds vroom

BOBSs396 I owe you an apology for this I just called my insurance company to find out for certain about coverage during a state of emergency and was told I would be covered if something happened so drive on . I’ll be out when it gets a little warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. I've been taking the '40 coupe pretty much any time I leave the house. Unfortunately, I ran to the local fast food establishment to get some necessary burger deals, and one of the Dr Pepper cups came loose from the drink carrier, between 1st and 2nd gear, and wound up all over the front seat and carpet. It was a tragic experience. LOL

11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

More SDD yesterday...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy, Hombre, i.rant and 5 others like this.
  12. You guys ever roll up to a red light and end up behind a smoker or vaper, and then your get a nice whiff of smoke or mmmmm cherry vape in your mouth. Thats why everyone else is wearing a mask right now.

You don't know, I dont know and most of us are not doctors.. so to each their own.

Good luck to you guys doing these drives in your particular state. In Los Angeles, Cruising in general can be inforced if a Cop wants to to be a dick. But why waste their time right?

Regardless- at least make your drive to get some food or TP, right?? results in your state may differ from others.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Stogy, MO_JUNK and shovelheadrider like this.
  13. Abe, I’ve wondered about the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  14. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That just means that someone else worthy could be using that air

15. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

You are a complete bozo. Sometimes we need to get out and relax. We had such a good time last Saturday with our drive in the convertible and lunch in our veterans park

53 effie likes this.
  16. bedwards

bedwards

We drove back roads last Sat. for 2 hours and ate a picknick lunch in the car. The dogs had a blast. They usually go to work with me but have been stuck home for about a month.
    Will prob go again tomorrow.

17. derbydad276

derbydad276

Lucky for me my Daily driver is 42 years old .. and I'm still working ... ( I'm Essential )...
    so I'm not totally going through withdrawal symptoms Metro Detroit was hit exceptionally hard with this bug ... and it doesn't help that (that woman) is on a power trip
    her stay at home order expires in 13 days and I cant wait to get my 53 out on the road

18. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  19. clown car.jpg

20. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

@RHRH3P remember that time we drove my stocker ‘30 A tudor for several hours across southern IL. We should do that again. That was social distancing before it was popular and required.

RHRH3P likes this.
  21. primed34

primed34

Been using the '34 to run errands. It keeps both of us limber. Got about a mile from the house when a police car pulls in behind me. My first thought is rut ro. Next intersection I went one way and he went another. Guess we were just going the same way. Kind of had me wondering if I was in trouble there for a short. I'm too old and good looking to go to jail.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going to say that a good number of us live in areas where we can hit the back roads and drive for miles without seeing another car right now. Looking at this list Nebraska where Oldsman lives has 25.2 people per square mile and if you are out of the small hand full of large cities you have a hell of a lot of open space. https://www.statista.com/statistics/183588/population-density-in-the-federal-states-of-the-us/
    On the other hand New York city has better than 26 thousand people per square mile. Sometimes with over 1000 apartments in a single high rise apartment building Those people can't even step out in the hall without running into a bunch of people.
    We took a 50 something mile ride on Sunday because I wanted to take photos of a couple of things. First was the Rattlesnake hills landslide at the rock quarry east of Yakima along US 82 that made the news early in 2018. The gap has widened a bit but it is moving slow
    Then after we made a left on Lateral A we rolled down the road a few miles, stopped at a market with a drive up window an picked up a Pepsi and bottle of Ice tea and drove the back roads out to where I had spotted a couple of old trucks a while back and did a drive by them. Back down the Fort road to a side road that took us over to Pumphouse road along Toppenish ridge and past some farms and ranches stopping to take some photos of an old long abandoned house. A shot of the view across the valley from that old house and a shot up the road towards MT Adams in the distance. Then past a big white tent that covers an orchard that spans several acres that I can see from my house and wondered what it was, it is about 12 miles from me and on down to 97 and three miles up the road to home. You can see that white tent in the lower left of this photo of Mt Adams from my back yard. You could park a good size car show under that tent. DSCN9227 (2).JPG DSCN9231.JPG DSCN9234.JPG DSCN9237.JPG IMG_9143 (2).JPG

bedwards, Oilguy and Texas57 like this.
  23. That dilapidated house.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife says "oh look barnwood." I think someone was living in it about 40 years ago when I was out driving the length of that road checking the sage brush for old cars and trucks but my neighbor beat me to most of them.

sgtlethargic likes this.
  25. RHRH3P

RHRH3P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes I do. A short drive turned into a couple hours...and we got in trouble with the significant others also.

T&A Flathead likes this.
  26. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

We had snow yesterday, most of it melted already. If the streets would dry up later today I would take the convertible out for a drive. It’s supposed to be in the upper 60’s and lower 70’s all of next week, so I’m sure the convertible will get driven some next week.

27. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It was a beautiful day here today, temperatures in the lower 70’s took the convertible out for a drive. Went to Wood River about a 20 mile drive to visit friends, before we left Lee and his wife showed up driving his 58 Chevy 2 door wagon, so we had a mini car show there

28. I went SD driving this past Tuesday with my neighbor/car buddy. Took these shots.

430471C5-9D3D-4296-BF55-FD847A10C820.jpeg 1170BC16-3453-4399-905F-3B65A9542F78.jpeg