Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 4/17/20 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Apr 16, 2020.

1. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. robber

robber

Thank you Spoggie!

OLSKOOL57, Spoggie, Zykotec and 4 others like this.
  3. robber

robber

Hey Moose! I DIG this in a BIG way! The 1953 Bel Air , is the 1st car I remember ever to have been in touch with in my life! I was born in 1952. In 1953, my Dad bought his first "new" car... a 1953 Bel Air Hard Top; Woodland Green over Sahara Beige :) I absolutely loved and cherished that car! I used to walk around it and pat it on the fenders! :D At age 8, I cried, when my Dad traded "her" for a 1960 Rambler Classic More Door! Love your post! :)

OLSKOOL57, themoose, Animal and 7 others like this.
  4. sololobo

sololobo

5. A little fun with an old stick welder! I cranked up the heat and let my mind wander
    It about 20” by 24.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. sololobo

sololobo

How gorgeous, look at those calf muscles, awesome image

7. sololobo

sololobo

OLSKOOL57, chryslerfan55 and Jigger like this.
  8. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I agree. Not a fan of 32's but this one is just right

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  9. sololobo

sololobo

This picture is cool, I am curious if anyone knows if those full wheel caps on the hardtop were available in 15", I had a set and they were 16", outstanding image, thanx

10. Hey all! Hope everyone and their families have been well... I've been out of commission, working on commissions and production boards for "Bless the Harts" so I'm low on new stuffs. I did take time to knock out this custom concept that popped in my head last weekend. It's a BuiCadiMecurPontiOlds, c1961-1964-ish... 1960s_Cust__Sabor_Jet_4web.jpg 1960s_Sabor_Jet_4web_1.jpg 51_Chevy_AD_Pick_Up_4web.jpg

Grand Nash_Custom_2a.jpg

I'm gonna sneak this one past the mods... please do not follow my lead... If i need to remove it, dear moderators, please PM me and I will edit the post. Hey, we've all had to deal with the 'cops'... benevolentlove to all and those closest to you.... please stay Corona Free!!! ( PBR is acceptable as is Guiness!!!)
    77_Monoco_Cop_Drag_4web_1.jpg

11. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, every time I get comments like that from a fellow hot roder it means a lot to me !
    Those hood sides are from a 46 Chevy pickup, straightend and made longer. The build was a 8 year labor of love. I am down sizing and it is moving to a new owner in Az.

12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks !

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  13. catdad49

catdad49

IMG_2242.JPG Finally got everything working and took the A around the block, check the odometer. I like the red lighting.

14. kenmo

kenmo

Atlantic Nationals, Moncton New Brunswick Canada - July 2010

1929 Ford Model A
    [​IMG]

1932 Ford Woodie
    [​IMG]

1936 Ford 5 window coupe
    [​IMG]

Great show everyone...
    Stay safe & stay healthy.

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmmm...not much left after the train went by...:D...now the Ole Bowties can take on that appearance when the structure breaks down but the A Bones do not have this issue so at the end of the day every picture tells a story and old cars in the Woods N' Weeds...priceless​

16. Latigo

Latigo

96806C95-2C45-4F47-BC02-C5A22E637B3D.jpeg DEUCES in the WILD

17. 1320Paul

1320Paul

A real big block Chevy head gasket with the valve train drawn in pencil
    chevy head and gasket small.jpg

18. Red and black Sharpie marker on a 6" x 18" plywood panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. tractorguy

tractorguy

Wow.......I still remember as an 8yr. old kid.......dad took our family to the small town Chevrolet dealer and we drove away in a 1953 two ten dark brown over beige station wagon !!! I still rember where it was parked in the little room off he showroom......all of us getting in and the dealer opened the overhead door onto Main St. and we drove away.
    Fast forward to 1963......I bugged my dad for "my own car".....the station wagon was behind the barn and well used up .....he said "if you can get it running, it's yours"......3wks later with a set of new intake gaskets and a carb cleaning, I was on my way to my junior year in high school.

20. I built that as a stage prop for a church play. it had a steering wheel and shaft that attached to the frame. it needed to be viewed from a sitting position so it needed to be a transparent as possible but still resemble a car. the actor could push slightly on the steering wheel to get it to rock slightly and give the allusion of traveling down the road as they said their lines. it was a big hit and has become a piece of yard art.

21. That is Awesome!

22. GaryC.

GaryC.

An idea I had for a Hot Wheels car.
    "The Wedgie" WEDGIE REAR.png WEDGIE SIDE.png

23. Hey Ron here we go..Got rid of some of the chop and a couple of other mods to fit the period a bit...;)

Ron.jpg

24. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is perfect, I always have appreciated the artillery style wheels with beauty rings and dog dish hub caps, and black walls. Bravo Moose, you kick ass !

25. Scott Guildner built and painted at his shop - ART

[​IMG]

26. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-4-18_3-21-18.png
    Hey Ron,

Not a Photoshop like @themoose...he is the expert, but a left side angle drawing of your sedan delivery without a chop. It took a while, but worth the effort. You did a heck of a job converting and modifying your sedan delivery to make it look like it does, today.

Great job !!!

Jnaki

Not all ambulances look the same...

upload_2020-4-18_3-22-33.png Inspiration
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...natives-to-the-32-ford.1184902/#post-13456636

27. Thanks rodder. My father had one too. I have great memories of it when I was a kid...Spent a lot of time holding down the back seat when the family went on missions. He kept it until the 57's came out and he couldn't resist the 283 four barrel.

28. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

29. WOW!!!! Moose, you and JNAKI, nailed it! All I can say is THANKS ! The delivery would've had just enough room for the drivers seat, and a gerny on the passenger's side. You guys are very talented. Now I just have to figure out now to transfer them to my pictures gallery. lol Thanks again. Ron........

30. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Ron,
    Right click on the picture or drawing and "save image as..." Or right click and "copy image" to paste on a Word Document for a different file. It was fun drawing the ambulance and as always, impressed with your red sedan delivery.

Thanks,
    Jnaki
    upload_2020-4-18_6-3-50.png upload_2020-4-18_6-5-4.png

Wild Willy, 1947knuck, Stogy and 4 others like this.