Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TRJ 83 arrived today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Nothing here in Detroit..still waiting for some Hot Rod Year Books I bought here, seller shipped on April 2nd...tracking shows them in Detroit....now on to next postal center????

hotrodharry2 and Lil32 like this.
  2. mike matters

mike matters

Lil32 likes this.
  3. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My much anticipated #83, just got here! Glad it wasn’t part of Louie’s shipment.

Lil32, jim snow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got mine yesterday. If things are back to normal at the “Journal”, at the rate I read, #84 should arrive before I finish #83!

Lil32 likes this.
  5. town sedan

town sedan

Please do the right thing and contact TRJ.
    Everyone waiting on their copy will thank you.
    -Dave

6. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

A handful of readers received multiple copies as @Louie did. Both we and our mailing house follow all of the postal service guidelines, and the response we've gotten from the USPS is that they should have opened the bundles and they are taking responsibility for the mistake. That said, we know postal workers are stretched very thin due to the coronavirus situation and unfortunately some things have fallen through the cracks. We are working with them to ensure all subscribers get their magazines.

If you receive a bundled pack, please contact us either at [email protected] or call 804-496-6906. (We just ask that you be patient if you get our voicemail—we can't answer every call, but we are answering as many as we can and we're returning messages for the rest.) @Louie, we will be sending you a PM to get more information so that the other subscribers in that pack get their magazines.

Regarding the mailers, as we explained in a previous post our regular mailing house was among the first to shut down when Northern California closed all non-essential businesses, and the white mailers we normally use are still locked in their facility. We were unable to get new white mailers ordered fast enough, but we were able to source the kraft mailers in a timely fashion. @Fordors, if your magazine was damaged, please contact us directly.

Thanks to everyone for the continued support—we're glad to hear the magazines are getting out there, and we appreciate the patience of those who are still waiting. They're on the way!

hotrodharry2, Lil32, jim snow and 5 others like this.
  7. Fordors

Fordors

No damage here, my only intent was to alert you about the cardboard mailers. Thanks for all you do to keep subscribers happy.

Lil32, jim snow and jackandeuces like this.
  8. town sedan

town sedan

You guys at TRJ are a real class act. It's also great that you brought production to the states. I can't imagine what it'd be like if your product were trapped overseas. Thank you very much!
    -Dave

Lil32 and jackandeuces like this.
  9. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

hotrodharry2 and Lil32 like this.
  10. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Got mine yesterday,Another great issue
    Reupped my subscription today

Lil32 likes this.
  11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Went to The Old Car Centre today and picked mine up. They've had them for a few days now...

Lil32 likes this.
  12. 24riverview

24riverview

Seems odd, got mine yesterday.

Lil32 likes this.
  13. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@TRJ ...bringing joy to many a shut-in right now, I’m sure!

Kudos gentlemen. Long may you DO IT!

town sedan, Lil32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. LTM75110

LTM75110

Got mine yesterday, but the poster was damaged .

15. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Contact us directly. We will replace poster. Best to call us, but we do have limited customer service capacity do to the virus. But, we will get you another poster.

town sedan and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. 5window

5window

Nothing yet in this part of central PA

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

BIG QUESTION: Is the kraft mailer a better material for gaskets VS the white mailer?
    Someone needs to do some testing.

18. I received mine a few days ago. I almost forgot how much I enjoy TRJ!
    TRJ and Hot Rod are now my only 2 mags I receive in the mail. I also received Street Rodder and Hot Rod Deluxe, several years left in each sub. I received no notice by email, no phone, nothing. Thank you TRJ!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. 52lomofo

52lomofo

got mine

20. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

Nothing yet in sunny Florida

21. well,...got my envelope today, it looks like this , marked "received without contents"
    ..I've sent a message to TRJ... rodders journal #83.jpg rodders journal #83 005.jpg rodders journal #83 003.jpg

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

hotrodharry2 and seabeecmc like this.
  23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Mine arrived last week, magazine and poster in perfect shape! Thanks TRJ and thanks to my postal carrier who is a friend and lives down the street!

24. Fordors

Fordors

You have a very simplistic view of the real world.

25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Simplistic? Really? Doesn’t it stand to reason that if the magazine isn’t in the mailer that it obviously has to be somewhere.

It’s obviously missing somewhere and someone will likely get a look at it whether it’s a postal worker or a shipping employee.

Some one else is going to read it
    You sound like a over sensitive postal worker yourself :D

Simplistic my ass. :p:D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  26. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

@rusty1 we're sorry to see your magazine was lost in the mail. We've sent you a message.

We really appreciate all the positive feedback about the magazine. We enjoy reading your comments here. One favor we'll ask is that if you receive a bundle of subscriber copies as some folks have, or if your magazine was damaged in the mail, please either email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 804-496-6906. Sometimes we'll see those before we see PM's here on the H.A.M.B. Just keep in mind that we have limited our staff in the office, so we appreciate everyone's patience as we answer your emails, calls and messages (we are returning voicemails if we aren't able to answer when you call in).

Thanks again for everyone's continued support.

27. Fordors

Fordors

Your slam was directed at the postman and no, I never worked for the USPS. I’m a retired machinist with civility toward my fellow man. You lame attempt at humor has no place here.

golferforpar and bathcollector like this.
  28. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What could be cooler than TRJ 83 with 18 pages of our own Jack Fuller?
    He's JACKANDEUCES here on the HAMB. Ron

Just Gary and Lil32 like this.
  29. If lame attempts at humor have no place here, than we are all in the wrong place. Lighten up, Francis.

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well said :cool:

hotrodharry2 and jim snow like this.