Register now to get rid of these ads!

mopar pushbutton trans shifters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ruiner, Aug 10, 2010.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked for an Art Carr shifter for about 3-years. Only one I saw was on "the Bay". Think it went for about 600.00. The new guy I talked to at Carr had never seen one. They are really neat but had no park lever. Just broke down and made my own floor mounted pod with buttons from a '64 New Yorker.

town sedan likes this.
  2. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

3. mutant55

mutant55

Hey Gene, I am the one that bought the Nifty Shifter off of eBay, I actually got two of them from him, one is still missing a few pieces, working to complete it now. I need a couple buttons, #1, and #2 buttons.

Greg

4. John Black

John Black

Bit of a twist on this subject...hope nobody minds

Wondering if anyone has adapted the pushbutton shifter to an overdrive Chrysler transmission?

5. ask bob harrop about missing a shift with a push button shifter. that's how his flying carpet awb car crashed. hitting reverse instead of neutral after a pass causes bad things to happen. art carr had a post that mounted to the floor. the post had a curve to it that held the shift pod above the seat. they are hard to find. b and m had a cool shifter called a series 60 also hard to find.

stillrunners likes this.
  6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW...can't believe I am just seeing this. Cool that you got the shifters. Will try to post a picture of what I made for mine. Gene.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. town sedan

town sedan

Just an addition to this thread. The '63/64 Darts and Valiants had the shifter buttons stacked with reverse at the top and 1-low at the bottom. I'd think this could be mounted in a small floor mounted box without too much work. Nice thing about the '62 up pushbuttons were the slide lever for engaging park. Earlier pushbutton transmissions had the park brake drum on the tail shaft and no park pawl in the transmission.
    -Dave

8. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_20200418_143840.jpg This is what I can up with for mine. Buttons are from a couple of different cars.

town sedan likes this.