Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Searching For A Gasser

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by spiritof67, Apr 16, 2020.

1. spiritof67

spiritof67

OK, this is The Steel Eel II: I now know it wa a chopped '38-'39 Chevy business coupe, fenderless (or at least no front fenders) that ran at the same time as the 554 gasser. Sadly it isn't that nice little roadster someone put up. Medium color (gray?) . I think Americans on all four. Help?

2. squirrel

squirrel

If your first thread didn't find anything, you can bump it (reply to it), no need to start another thread. Also, if you put the name of what you're searching for in the thread title, it might help the right folks notice it.

wvenfield likes this.
  3. Todd553

Todd553

If it was fenderless it probably ran as an Altered. Do you know where it ran and what tracks?

4. spiritof67

spiritof67

Thanks, I'm a nooob here...

5. spiritof67

spiritof67

I thought since 554 was a gasser (?) The Steel Eel was too. Maybe my 11-year-old sdelf got that wrong. Thanks for the hint!

6. squirrel

squirrel

no fenders on 554, so it's not legal for gas class. But to many folks today, any old car that is sort of set up for drag racing, is now called a "gasser", with no regard to the old class rules.

Mark Yac and Squablow like this.
  7. think it had Cragers and was orange.......just think'n.......