Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What inspired your online name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by in the weeds, Apr 15, 2020.

1. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

The car I built and owned when I came on here,same as many on here not too much imagination in my user name but some great and funny answers on here

Attached Files:

2. spanners

spanners

I used to work for a truck mob and I was the only driver who had a toolbox . Whenever one of the other drivers had a problem they would call me instead of sending out one of the workshop mechanics to get them back on the road. The toolbox had spare air fittings, hose repair connectors and of course, spanners. Therefore I got the nickname Spanners.

j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 6 others like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Moriarity is my real last name, I wasn't trying to hide from anyone....

4. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

It would have been just "Murphy" - had it hung on me in high school for a propensity to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...I had to add the 32 because there's already a "Murphy" here-

5. My online name came from my profession. I’m an ASE certified Master Auto Technician and Master Medium Heavy duty Truck Technician with L1 Electronic Diesel Engine Certification. I work on primarily Diesel engines. One of the guys I work with calls me Chief Know Some Shit, but that is too long for an online name and, I don’t know that much about hot rods. The Andy part is my middle name, I’m a junior, so I go by my middle name to keep me separate from my Dad.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Because I had a 1934 Willys coupe.

Pat

7. Actual name is John, but 70's progressive rock musician older brother started calling me Jake. (followed by other musician friends and siblings) Then when I joined a race team, he would address my mail Jakespeed. Born in 1963
    Some of these are quite creative.

8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Thanks for your service

1Nimrod, CobraJoe, Hombre and 6 others like this.
  9. Gman0046

Gman0046

The cars I've owned and built.

10. 4speed411

4speed411

4Speed411....nothing better than a hot rod with a M-22 Rockcrusher four speed and a good set of gears...

j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 9 others like this.
  11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

A nickname when I was 3-4 yrs old.
    Misspelled it when initially signing up to the H.A.M.B.
    Actually sounds like Petey Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

It is the personalized plates on the my old truck that I have had for over 30 years. I was still teaching when I was ready to order the plates. I used the selection as a brainstorming exercise for my classes. I gave them the rules that the state mandates, and some background on how and with what I used to build the truck. Then I had them add to list on the chalkboard everyday. When the board was full we voted on the best plate. WZ JUNK is was junk, as it was built from left over stuff that I accumulated by trading work and parts. Since I had a family to support on a school teachers salary, there was not much left for hot rod money. I have scheduled next winter for its complete take apart and repair. I may make it into something more HAMB friendly or I may leave it just the way it is. Imperfect but full of memories. IMG_8914.jpeg

13. v8flat44

v8flat44

Born in 44 and love flathead V8s .

14. Country Joe

Country Joe

My name is Joe and people always tell me I'm gone to the country.

j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 8 others like this.
  15. I married a native Vermonter 54 years ago, have lived in the state now since '86, always had an attraction to the 348/409 W head engines. Most of those have now been sold in one form or the other now that I have moved to the Olds lineup. Seemed fitting back when I was so afflicted with those W blocks.

16. Deuces

Deuces

17. garage2small

garage2small

This should explain it. CP (22).JPG CP (23).JPG

j-jock, 1Nimrod, oldsfrench and 17 others like this.
  18. Maybe "dogballs" had a transplant??

1Nimrod, Hombre, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  19. 55Belairman

55Belairman

I think there is already a thread similar to this, but I will play in this one too. I have a 55 Belair, and I am a man.

20. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

This is my first on line forum I signed up for, and when it asked for name I didn’t know it was a screen name. If I could change it it would be over kill Bill.( if one nail will do use 3 )

21. {Same with me Bill} Kinda Funny. My wife told me to never put my name or address on the computer. We don't do social media and are pretty private. So I told her no problem. So when I joined my on line name was to be the { Low U.F.O. } The name of my old 29 coupe. I guess I filled it out wrong, and it showed up backwards with my real name. If she only knew. All the stuff I've said about her, and family photos I've posted! I can see why she doesn't want me doing that space book thing. But I think of you guys as family now so it's Okay. Ron...........

22. LAROKE

LAROKE

My name is LArry RObert KEphart

23. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In high school years from 68 to 71, I just had to have something different and cool and strange and unique. The 1941 G.M.C. - K-18 signal corp Radio van was the ticket for me. It was the start of a lot of fun and and a life long fascination for all things mechanical. Purely as to keeping a memory alive of back when being different ( wacko hippie ) was part of life in the central valley of California ( Atwater/Merced area ).
    k-18 in 1971-3.JPG IMG_3253MA31291520-0006 (2).JPG DSC_3794 (2).JPG

j-jock, raven, 1Nimrod and 20 others like this.
  24. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was a little kid, I’m told I loved the TV show “the Alamo”. I had a rubber knife about 6” long and 3 older sisters, they started calling me Bowie; as in Jim Bowie. It stuck...

25. chopped

chopped

Owned a chopped 36 Chevy at the time.

26. Resized_20200209_165307.jpeg see attached pic.

ROCKER77, j-jock, 1Nimrod and 12 others like this.
  27. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

I’m not very creative.
    MO = State of my birth
    54 = Year of my birth
    Frank = my name

28. Was you talkin about me? :D :D

in 1980 I caught a ride on a Harley XR750 on the mile track at San Jose. I did not run the main, just the heat races. The "official" hot shoe rode the main (and lost). Never the less even though no one was supposed to know who I was, some HD company people approached me (and my dad) with an offer of a factory ride. I turned them down. My Ol' Man said, "Damnit Wolfe you will never be anything but a pork'n'beaner."

For the uninformed and ill prepared, a Pork'n'Beaner was what they used to call a guy who raced unsponsored. If you won you ate steak if you lost you ate pork'n'beans.

ROCKER77, j-jock, raven and 34 others like this.
  29. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

The first response when people see my Yeoman is: Wow...a Nomad! No, it's a Yeoman, 1958, the only year they were made.

Attached Files: