Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What inspired your online name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by in the weeds, Apr 15, 2020.

1. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

The 440 mopar is my thing, iron heads and all for 650 street/strip hp.

j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 8 others like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't show you out of respect for the house rules but I have built "a few" 77 special edition T/As (bandit trans ams). Bandit Billy was my handle on the 23 channel.

3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOT; because all the chicks think I'm a real hunk
    ROD: because I'm so well hung.
    JACK: because I'm always "jacked up" on the Joy Juice.
    33: my IQ

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  4. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It should be obvious.... my lovely wife says I vastly underestimate the time it takes me to do car work. She’s probably right; again. Right now Top Gun is on TV, so the work just took a break. Giddyup.

j-jock, thehazguy, 1Nimrod and 9 others like this.
  5. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I’m on the backside of 75 and still doing hot rods from the ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

j-jock, thehazguy, 1Nimrod and 11 others like this.
  6. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

To me, the thrill of the hunt can't be beat. Years ago, I'd go out every weekend hunting cars and used to post a lot on the sitting and rotting thread. Now, with my '29 and Dominique, I don't have as much time for the hunt as I used to but I'll never stop looking!

7. It almost was Heinze

8. rusty valley

rusty valley

its where i live, and its my email, and its easy. ever since i joined though, i have wished i had just used my name. no reason not to that i can think of

9. Fogger

Fogger

I started painting cars when I was 15. While I was drag racing, in the '60s, my friends called me the Fogger. The last car I painted was my 3W in '99. Since then I haven't sprayed any of my other cars because of the unavailability of acrylic lacquer. I decided not to get involved with the catalyzed materials and the necessary safety equipment. IMG_3534.jpg

j-jock, thehazguy, 1Nimrod and 12 others like this.
  10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Real name is James Dean....+Last name. Been messing with GMC’s since 1960, racing them since 1974. Name seemed like a natural. I answer to JD since 1967 because of work. Easy since my father, also a James, was known and called J.I.
    The girls at work could call me Jimmy along with my mom, rest her soul who yelled “jimmy dean” loud a lot... Guys who did ended up kissing dirt or looking up with one good eye left.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 9 others like this.
  11. Crocodile

Crocodile

Crocodile was my NAVY nickname. Because it rhymes with my real name, and because of a children's book.

12. Mine is an abbreviation of “Still learning”

13. Firedup

Firedup
    from Oregon

My daily driver hot rod got burned up in a fire started by another car fire. =Firedup
    That car melted off the tires in the driveway. Lol.

j-jock, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 7 others like this.
  14. deucemac

deucemac

After an incredible evening of licking my finger, sticking it in a hot light socket, and scooping myself off the floor, it came to me. I own a deuce roadster and since I am Irish and everybody calls me Mac. It was easy. Lots easier than bandageing burnt fingers!

15. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Because the Allman Brothers song is one of my all time favorites. Additionally, I think it is a great riding/driving song.

16. bigboy308

bigboy308
    from Merlin, OR

Love the HUDSON automobile. HUDSON commercial pickups were called "Big Boys" and the largest 6 cylinder engine from HUDSON was 308ci. Always wanted a Bigboy with a 308" engine.

Still do.

17. Probably my parents and grandparents. I'm always me. I don't need to hide behind anonymity.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. The group that I hung with at the races had two Phils. I got tired of answering when I wasn't being called. One Phil was a dishwasher, in high school. We call him Soapy. Me? I make a mean pot of chili.

raven, 1Nimrod, s55mercury66 and 6 others like this.
  19. Because I painted my 41 Chevy p/u suede black around 1993, when we got our very first computer in 2004 the first site I joined was ebay and some clown already was using suede41 so I switched the spelling to swade41 and the rest is history. Looking back I probably should've just used my last name Peacock, but that sure would've been a colorful contradiction to things..ha ha 20190426_210122.jpg

20. bchctybob

bchctybob

Bchctybob, My name is Bob and I had a custom header and chassis shop in Redondo Beach, Ca called Beach City Performance for fifteen years. The name was in remembrance of the Beach City Chevrolet Corvette funny car, always one of my favorites. Guys at the local cruise night started calling me Beach City Bob and it stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

engine1.jpg DSCF0004.JPG
    My name is Roy and my F1 with a Flathead made me FLAT broke. But she sure is sweet.

22. loudbang

loudbang

Got mine because I love blowing things up. :) And a loud bang is better than no bang. :rolleyes:

23. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I have a good friend I've known since 6th grade, 1962! He gravitates back and forth between being an outlaw biker type (???), to a "Jesus freak". I went to his wedding at a "biker church", and there was a Bandito MC member there named "Bandito Billy". Every time I see your handle, Bandit Billy, I wondered if that was you. Good to know now, it is't you. It would't surprise me at all if the guy is dead now, or in prison for life.
    My own handle, 56sedandelivery, is because of my love for 1956 Chevrolet Sedan Deliveries. I think I might have posted that earlier in this thread. Some of you guys handles are pretty obvious, like mine, some are a little out there, some make me wonder, and some fit you like a glove, as they say. When I end a post, I always sign off as, "I am Butch/56sedandelivery". I started doing that when a "jerk" on another site did't like what I posted, and demanded to know who the h*ll I thought I was, so he was the reason for my posting "I am Butch/56sedandelivery". Then, to keep everything straight, I just started signing off the same way on all the sites I frequent. I even had a group of the same sorts of guys try and make fun of my sign off, but I just played their own game, they got bored, and backed off. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

j-jock, raven, thehazguy and 13 others like this.
  24. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

OT 68 Hemi Road Runner I used to own.

25. Hombre

Hombre

Marine Corps nickname, got it in Nam and it stuck.

j-jock, raven, 1Nimrod and 19 others like this.
  26. My birth certificate.

27. thehazguy

thehazguy

Still working almost 41 years with the same company that removes hazardous waste from customers sites.

28. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

i am french, my 2 cars are oldsmobile 98:D
    oldsmobile + french = oldsfrench
    20190824_110236.jpg
    20190406_114219.jpg

j-jock, thehazguy, 1Nimrod and 13 others like this.
  29. Dude! Because I'm the biggest '57 Chevy dork on the planet.