Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tijuana upholstery.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodiewagon46, Apr 13, 2020.

1. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes and close, it was stolen in Cerritos, Ca. an off topic Suburban from a co workers wife. Another guy they knew spotted in TJ. Armondo and 2 buddies drove down with the other set of keys and stole it back. With the paperwork they had no trouble bringing back over the boarder. It had already been paid off with the insurance company so that's where they took it. It was really a nice lo milage GMC. The insurance company resold it and split with Armondo what they got for it over the original settlement.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. PONTNAK123

PONTNAK123
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

being a Carlsbad ca native I had takin several cars there for work between 86 and 96. my wifes jag sedan with a sbc needed seat repairs and my 55 delray 2 door post I had them put in a new head liner and upohlstry and carpet. and I had built a 54 merc convert for my godfather in san marcos and we had paint, upohlstry new convertible top and all the chrome redone o.jpg . it was 2300 for it all on the 54 merc. the place was called bodyshop the 3rd. owners name was nicolos . I would not go their now

Lil32 likes this.
  3. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I waited to respond to this so I could see the original article. I have now seen it and I don't believe the story. I also checked with Baja Bound, the Mexican insurance company I used. I specifically asked them if they would insure a car left in Mexico for repairs. They absolutely will. Anyone who self insures a car as valuable as a family heirloom is not thinking straight. I wish Paul Harvey was still around to tell us the rest of the story. FWIW, Magoozi said he would be glad to pursue the issue if he had some more facts. When my 40 coupe is done I'll be heading back down there.

Special Ed, Lil32 and 427 sleeper like this.