Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical OH no not another Hemi question? Yup, another hemi question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Apr 14, 2020.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

I will be pulling the intake on my '55 331. The heads on mine have the large center port for the carb warm up, (I guess that's it purpose,) and gaskets don't come easy for those. I have made them in the past but thought maybe in all the HAMB knowledge out there, some one of you might know of source for them. Sure could use some info for them if you know of one.:D:):D

It would also be nice to know why the large ports and why the small ports?

2. Fordors

Fordors

Only the 331 industrial hemi heads have the taller heat crossover passages. Did all those engines use the odd two single barrel carb manifold?

3. Eh-Bone

Eh-Bone

I’ve seen the intake gaskets for industrial head with the tall thin center chamber under the brand name of BEST on everyones favorite online auction site...good luck

4. 34Larry

34Larry

Thanks Eh-Bone and Fordors. Fordors I can't answer your question on the barrel carb manifold bot I am surprised to learn the heads are industrial.
    And Eh-bone the site you suggest has no industrial hemi gaskets...…….But they have '56 gaskets that look like they will.
    Dose any one know if the 56 gaskets will fit the 55 331 ? From what I have heard the 354 was/is just a factory bored 331, and in my mind the exhaust for both, (55 & 56) the heads as far as exhaust goes should be identical. :confused:

5. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

6. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

The industrial heads have no heat cross over(if you are referring to exhaust heat) the heads with tall skinny center “port” is actually an extra coolant passage. These heads were used on industrial, some marine, and a few Dodge trucks. (Yes a Chrysler in a Dodge) I have never heard of a 354 that came originally with the industrial heads. I am fairly certain that the industrial heads have different dowel pin sizes than others, but cant say with 100% certainty.

7. 34Larry

34Larry

I've got (2) sets coming from Hot Heads. Believe the ladies name takeing my order is Debra and she informed me I have a truck motor. Thanks for the help everyone.